cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR PLANS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ANY OTHER COMPANY, AND IT IS ONLY SELF SERVE, HOW COME???

hishammarrow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

your plans are way more expensive than other carriers, how come and when it is self serve

Does not mak esense!!!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Troy33 Happy Holidays

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Troy33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately don't need you to say the same thing I just did thanks for letting me know I have to turn notifications off though 😀

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Troy33 wrote:

guess I should have read it more carefully hahaha oh well might switch back soon next double deal maybe.

@Troy33 unfortunately yes.  The plan selection page pretty clearly displays " / 90 days" after each of the data amounts on the 90 day plans.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Troy33

More expensive rewards I don't know what you mean. Bring my own phone fido I was getting 6 g of data 4 g a free hour unlimited data I believe it was. Spotify premium music app  , premium voice message display Canada wide calling unlimited minutes for about 4 dollars more a month. I screwed up and thought it was 16 g of 3 g data a month so I switched . So pm gives me Ontario wide I believe 6 gigs of 3 g no music app no 4g and no customer support for almost the same price. I got a double deal with fido for data and 1 extra gig or something but way better then PM. Very expensive but my own fault guess I should have read it more carefully hahaha oh well might switch back soon next double deal maybe.

Troy33

As the Mart has said, Grandfathered Plans are essentially good, nothing to fear, nothing to hide. I have the $60 Plan. It all depends on what you're looking for

@hishammarrow, PM maybe somewhat more pricey, but they're attempting to gain some insight in what works, what doesn't, and how can they improve the overall experience. Rogers is essentially an topsie-turvie company, great network, But CS essentially futile, as they have no sups or admins that can take the phone, they only eavesdrop on conversation. Bell, they're like next to nothing, insignificant. Windy, they're full of hot air, so in the interest of climate change, I wouldn't sniff what blows from the constantly changing winds. Fido, well, they're so bad now, the doghouse isn't even considered an option to go to. Tel Us seems to be the only carrier these days that seems to care. So Calculate.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you're grandfathered with your carrier, and know for a fact that your plan's cost will not change, then you have a very good reason for staying.

With regard to Wind, it garnered the most complaints and has dead zones where there shouldn't be any. Plus, it's not nationwide like PM. Additionally, PM does not throttle data after a certain amount used.

With respect to Bell, a few years ago the Competitive Bureau imposed the maximum fine of $10M. If you're comfortable with a company that lies to its customers, good luck!

Rogers is known in certain quarters for allegedly aggressive behavior towards its customers.

Contrast the above with PM's philosophy of openness and transparency.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

With rewards factored in, the plans are actually cheaper than those of competitors.

hishammarrow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WHAT I PAY AT ROGERS, BELL OR WIND, INCLUDES CANADA WIDE TALKING, WORLD WIDE TEXTING, 3GB TO 6GB DATA, ALL FOR LESS THAN $60.00

YET ACCORDING TO YOUR PLANS, IT CAME UP TO $80.00, (INCLUDES $15.00 DISCOUNT)

ANY REASON I SHOULD SWITCH TO PUBLIC MOBILE???

Need Help? Let's chat.