cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone number entered

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I switched from Freedom mobile to Public mobile from a booth. I realize that the number that was transferred was incorrect, thus I haven’t received a confirmation text message as the number was not my number. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Fibtje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem! I can’t even access my account because it keeps sending texts to the incorrect number. Is there a way to cancel the port and start over?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@12345 

If the number you accidently entered is not assigned to your freedom account in any way it won't be ported in unless of course as mentioned by @BKNS27  the owner replied YES but that is unlikely since the name and account # would not match to generate the text. 

You may not even need to contact customer support if you can access your self serve account. Go to change phone number. Double check your freedom account details and enter the following info under transfer/port in another phone number option.

1. Check the box that you are authorized to approve the port.
  2. Full name on the account.
  3. Freedom phone #.
  4. Freedom account #.
  5. Alternate phone #. (optional but a landline or family number just in case but rarely used.)

Put your freedom SIM card in your phone and reply YES to the PAT ( porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. Once the port completes your freedom account will be cancelled and your sim card will stop working. This will take a few minutes to a maximum of two hours.

Welcome to public mobile!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@12345 

I hope the owner of the wrong number didn’t click YES to the text.

Best that you create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on this Community page.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Once you correct the number you can just reinitiate the process and get the porting text sent to the new number. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@12345  -

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

OR, use the phone number which I sent you in your Private messages, check your envelope at top right.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.