cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would the rewards stay if I suspend my account for a couple of months?

Bunnster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

9 REPLIES 9

@Bunnster wrote:

Thank you for all the helpful and detail response. Problem solved 

self given solution removed

Bunnster

Thank you for all the helpful and detail response. Problem solved 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bunnster @frankysplace 

Here are the options for suspending your plan. Exactly how or when points are added to the rewards account upon renewal has not been confirmed. Anniversary points are not affected by suspension however loyalty rewards increases are delayed if you suspend for 60 days or more. The $$ rewards glitch of not applying upon renewal if the account is suspended before midnight on or before day 30 does not affect points program customers.

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo or textnow number before you leave Canada.. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo or textnow number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo or textnow voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bunnster 

Disable AutoPay or remove your CC but to be on the safe side…change to the $15 to avoid losing your number.

@frankysplace wrote:

Please anyone else reading this correct me if I am wrong. You can only suspend your account for 90 days by turning off auto pay and depleting all the funds in your account; or say if your bill is 15 dollars a month. If you only have 10 dollars in your account, then your account will be suspended. If you do not pay your bill within 3 months or 90 days your account will be lost and so will be your rewords earned. 

With pre-authorized payments disabled, a plan will not renew if there isn't already enough of a balance in the Public Mobile account.  Please note that it's not 3 months, but rather exactly 90 days.

frankysplace

Please anyone else reading this correct me if I am wrong. You can only suspend your account for 90 days by turning off auto pay and depleting all the funds in your account; or say if your bill is 15 dollars a month. If you only have 10 dollars in your account, then your account will be suspended. If you do not pay your bill within exactly 90 days your account will be lost and so will be your rewords earned. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can't be active while suspended. It's a 90 day grace period to reactivate your account.

Turn off pre-authorized payments or use the lost/stolen function.

Bunnster

How do I suspend the account but keep an active plan ? What are the steps that I need to do ?i have a monthly autopay plan,  Do I still need to pay ?

You will resume receiving rewards after re-activating your service, assuming that you do it before the account gets closed. Being in temporary suspension doesn't change the amount of rewards that you would be eligibile for while your account has an active plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.