cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the option to hassle free and at no cost switching between plans ------continue?

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile offers a beautiful FREE option enabling account holders to be able to hassle free, switch account plans at no additional cost.

For example, if you only need limited data then switch to the $15 3G plan but if you need more and faster data then just switch to the $40 plan that offers 15GB data at 4G speeds, and of course back again just before the end of the 30-day cycle. Good luck.

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I see why not!

As long as you are customer it is your choice to pick plan to your need/likings and enjoy great service.

It will be very BAD move to charge customers for plan switching or to make it more complicated.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Of-course to maximize vale one has to plan the plan switch - Also consider - for basic voice and texting with some (250mb) data the $15 basic plan is adequate and if one on occasion required extra data the less expensive option would be to upgrade the plan as opposed to purchasing a data add on --- Again as another example - 1GB add on would cost $15 while a simple plan upgrade to the $35 plan, ( an extra $20)  would get you 3gb data. And as mentioned in my OP - $25 extra wold give you a comfortable 15 GB of data at 4G speeds. 

In my observation most are dazzled with extra cell plan features that they pay for and very seldom use up. If at home most do have WIFI so why the extra data plan? When on day to day routines most places such as malls and stores do have free WIFI so again why buy a high price plan? However when traveling by car - bus, train or out of town for even the weekend then possibly the extra data would help in order to zoom call or just to download movies etc to pass the time.

NOTE the 'Change Plan Now' option does create extra charges though”

@esjliv 

I wouldn’t classify them as “extra charges” because public mobile is not charging one  more than the cost of the plan that that one is selecting.

It’s just that they do not offer refunds on cycle days remaining from previously purchased cycles (ie no proration)

So if a customer is ‘desperate’ enough to switch plans mid-cycle, they simply cannot recoup whatever is left from the cycle they were on.

🙂

[EDIT - yes, it may feel like extra charges, but I wouldn’t want to confuse customers with the terminology 😉]

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

So long as public mobile remains a prepaid service with 30-day cycle intervals, customers will always be able to choose what plan they wish to be on for subsequent 30 day cycles.

Remember, this place has no contracts or obligations whatsoever, and every 30 day cycle is like its own little ‘contract’, so to speak.  

So, yes, plan changes will always be easy and hassle free, or customers will simply move elsewhere.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Here is hoping @Tsawwassen . I don't see why this feature would not stick around. 

Not only can we switch up plans (to change on next renewal) without any additional charges to us NOTE the 'Change Plan Now' option does create extra charges though; which is awesome depending on current needs....we can also change our phone number up to 4 times in 30 days...without additional charges. Now, I haven't done this, but I can see advantages of this.

EDIT

Need Help? Let's chat.