cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the new promotion automatically apply?

PostPunk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So I am paying $67/month for the unlimited talk and text 4 gb data on a three month term right now. I notice with the new promotion it is $55.

When my account auto updates on May 22nd will it update to the promotion plan? If not what do I have to do to get it?

Thanks!
15 REPLIES 15

Thx @imm1304
Let me edit my post won't be any confusion lol but appreciate it you guys always here to provide details explanation thx
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No worries @Someone_here, this is what the discussions are for.  I happen to have been around for a very long time so I learned a few things along the way.  I am sure you and @Samianauman are both genuinely helpful and your effort/input is much appreciated.  Thanks 🙂

I have edited my posts, I don't want to give wrong information to anybody reading this in the future and not going further than the firsts posts!
My bad again...

imm1304

@Samianauman,  as long as you submit the plan change request during the promo period, its completely irrelevant when the promo is expiring.  Since you selected the promo plan as the plan to change to on your next renewal date, your plan will be changed to the promo plan.  It does not matter if your plan renewal date is after the promo period has expired.  

@imm1304
Sorry about the confusion I know about the future date system that user won't lose a promo plan if plan doesn't exist by the time future date triggers I was just explaining if he changed now benefits and cons
Sorry about the confusion that's why I did edit my post and add a small note for future date system too
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@imm1304@PostPunk

Sorry for the confusion. I knew about future-dating, but though that the new plan still had to be offered on the date of the future planed change for this to work.

Great to learn that it is not the case! 🙂

imm1304

@Samianauman@Someone_here  both of you please read up on the future-dated plan change option.  Its simply not true that you have to change the plan within the promo period.  You have the option to change plan on your next renewal date.. and this way you don't lose any money you paid for the current plan cycle.

This is very well known option that thousands of customers, including me, already took advantage of when the big November2016 promo was going on.  

@PostPunk wrote:
@Someone_here Sorry, how do you PM the website? Does anyone know when it ends?

PM = public mobile 😉

Just check it to see when they publish the date the promo will end. Nobody knows it for now... You can also check the community of course 😉

imm1304

@PostPunk, do not worry about the promo expiry date.  PM has not announced it yet but there is really no point in looking out for it in your case.

You wish to change to the promo plan.  So just sign into selfserve at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca 

Select the new promo plan configuration from the plan change page.  You will get the option to change to this plan immediately or on next renewal date.  Click the option to change the plan on your next renewal date.  Done.  

Edited

Bit of confusion which was cleared up by @imm1304

imm1304

Hey @Someone_here, a correction is in order.

From selfserve, we have the option to future-date the plan change request.  Anyone who wishes to take advantage of any promo can simply select the promo plan and choose the option to have the plan change on next renewal date.  

PostPunk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Someone_here Sorry, how do you PM the website? Does anyone know when it ends?

If the case I mentioned were to happen, then you would need to renew your plan on the last day of the promo (you would then "lose" the remaining days of your current plan, but enjoy a cheaper plan for the future).

EDIT: That paragraph I wrote before is false, sorry about that! (keep reading this thread for more info)

Hey @PostPunk, I would add that you should make sure to check PM website once in a while for the end date of the promotion, because if they decide to end it before your next renewal date, then you won't be able to have the promotion applied to your account.

EDIT: That paragraph I wrote before is false, sorry about that! (keep reading this thread for more info)

imm1304

Hey @PostPunk,

No, the new promo will NOT automatically apply to your plan.

To take advantage of the promo, sign into selfserve and go to plan change page and select the new promo plan and then put in a future dated plan change request to take effect on next renewal date.  

Need Help? Let's chat.