cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will rewards $$$ stay if I lower my plan?

amd7674
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My wife and I we are currently on $40 / month plans.  I get $5 and my wife $7 monthly rewards discounts.   Hence we are paying $35+tax and $33+tax a month.   If we change our plans to $15 or $25 plans will we still get our current rewards discounts of $5 and $7?  So if we switch for example to $15 plans,  we would be paying $10 and $8 a month?  Or is there a minimum plan that we have to keep in order to keep our discounts?

thanks in advance:-)

17 REPLIES 17

@Anonymous 

True.....it would be a pretty blue xmas if pm stopped their "more the merrier" campaign after we upsell them all year long!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : May I suggest inserting a maybe in there. Gifts are not to be counted on. Enjoy them if and when they arrive.

Just a suggestion.

@amd7674 

You really don't need the $40/5gb plan going by your usage you are averaging about 1GB a month. Change to the $15 plan with 250mb and you will use up your add ons in about 5 months. If you want to save the higher value international minutes for calls outside of Canada adding the $5/500min calling add on will supplement your 100 outgoing plan minutes nicely on the $15 plan. Add fongo to check voicemail so you don't waste outgoing minutes checking messages.

You will save $120 over 5 months ($40-$15=$25×5=$125-$5/500min add on=$120) Just in time to pick up some "more the merrier" gifts from pm.

You will keep your rewards.

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

The holiday bonuses will remain in your account until they are used up.  For the other promos, you need to check conditions to see if any plan changes may forfeit them.

@amd7674 

Those are all safe and will stay where they are.

amd7674

Hi,  

these are rewards and giveaways currently on one of our accounts.  If i switch on my next renewal date to $15 or $25 plan,  from my understanding I should not lose anything.   

E750758A-B826-4D38-8EAD-F27B9F757D6F.jpeg

thanks 

@amd7674 

While it is YMMV when it comes to promotional bonus add ons....99% of the time bonus add ons will stay on the account even if the terms and conditions say you will lose it if you change plans. However promotional bonus monthly plan data will be lost 99% of the time. IMHO bonus add ons are worth the risk of changing plans bonus monthly plan data is not.

@amd7674 

If you do a plan change you will have two options after you choose the new plan. They are Change Plans Immediately OR Change Plans at Next Renewal. Generally you want to choose the later… at Next Renewal. If you choose “Immediately” the remaining days of your current plan are tossed in the bin, you pay for the new plan for 30 days right then and start your new plan. No credit for the unused remainder of the old plan.

AE_Collector

Presumably now that they have “fixed” (sort of) the phantom rewards I assume that takes care of the misfortune of having a moderator look at the account and rewards and realizing that some of them should have been removed previously. I have no idea for sure but would assume that when that happened it was either phantom rewards or referral rewards that didn’t go away when they should have.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amd7674 : I specifically try to use the word promo for promo offers from activation. I would use the word gift for those freebie gifts that show up on occasion. They will stay.

Not that I had any promos attached to my plan.  Would it be clearer on @amd7674 transaction history? Will it show there as part of the plan/promo?

@LurganIeUk : As we know, strange things happen around here. YMMV. I think the items under a promo section to the right on the overview page are at risk. But again...

@Anonymous wrote:

@amd7674 : I specifically try to use the word promo for promo offers from activation. I would use the word gift for those freebie gifts that show up on occasion. They will stay.

Not that I had any promos attached to my plan.  Would it be clearer on @amd7674 transaction history? Will it show there as part of the plan/promo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

depends on your rewards discounts, maybe the can do it for a new plan and some discounts maybe will losing you know

so can you give more details about it your rewards discounts of $5 and $7 ?

i support you to contact customer service by Moderator Team,
them have the right answer for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: That 500 minute add-on is usable for the $15 plan because it's good for Canada too. You could use them all and choose to go up to the $25 plan or buy the $5 add-on. The little 250MB of data is pretty small. But still usable for very light data usage. Buying data add-ons also works well enough for light users. But you already have the 1GB.

No only the promos attached to a plan deal. 

Edit:

Just a bit of a warning....if you get a MOD involved in your rewards.....some here have reported about losing some or all of their referral rewards. Those (referral rewards) are very quirky at times. 

@amd7674 

@amd7674 wrote:

Thank you :-).  Will we lose the holiday 1gb giveaway addons?  Or 500 talk minutes addon? If we switch? 

No, not those add ons.  

amd7674

Thank you :-).  Will we lose the holiday 1gb giveaway addons?  Or 500 talk minutes addon? If we switch? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amd7674 : No minimum.

But if you might be on a promo add-on then you might lose it. If you might be on a plan that you like but is no longer available then you wouldn't be able to go back to it.

Maybe not think of them as discounts. Think of them as rewards. Some of us here pay nothing for our service.

Need Help? Let's chat.