cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my 1 GB data add-on expire in 30 days

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or not? It would be nice if never expired and rolled over.

18 REPLIES 18

musicollector

Thanks for the reminder. I really appreciate it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

You should have enough points to redeem for the 1gb data add-on that is if you fought long and hard enough for those two community points you were owed? Take advantage of some of the perks that points program does have one of them is discounted redemption catalogue add-ons.

musicollector

Not yet, but as I misheard it, I had reached out to CS to have them add it on. Either way, I am going to have to do it soon.

musicollector

Thanks. Appreciate it. BTW, my hearing is probably better than yours. 😉 I amaze myself after all these years that I can hear subsonic and high frequencies so well. Listening to music at lower volumes has paid dividends. And, it can happen that people can hear a 15 as 50, and vice versa.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

You do realize you can redeem points for add-ons and it's only 10 points for a 1 GB data add-on? That's a $5 savings on the purchase price of $15/1gb.

musicollector

Oh, sweet! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.🙏

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

Did you already purchase the data add-on through 611?

Get your hearing checked 🙂

The system will use the plan data at renewal. If you run out of plan data then data stops. If add-on data is available then it will use that. If you run out of that then data stops. If your renewal happens while you still have add-on data then it will go back to using the plan data and the add-on data sits there waiting to be needed again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

You're add on won't kick in until you're out of plan data completely then it will automatically switch over to your 1 GB add-on. Keep in mind you will not get your 75% and 95% data usage warnings until it counts all of the data on your account both plan data and data add-ons.

musicollector

I thought I heard it that way on the 811 message. I am glad I heard it wrong.

Another question. I still have some data left over on my.monthly allocation which does not turn over till the 9th. Will I get to use that up before the add-on kicks in if I purchase the add-on now?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

Where did you get $50 from?

musicollector

Thank you very much. Appreciate the quick and positive response.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@musicollector  1 gb data addon is 15$.. not 50$ and it stays until used up..😬

musicollector

So, is it $15 or $50? The announcement has a glitch so it is hard to hear.

$50??!!

But yes, this and Koodo are the only big-3-family providers that have this add-on benefit. The others either stop at the next renewal or autopay-renew the add-on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

It's good to be here.... Well most of the time if public mobile just keep their mitts off stuff that's not broke and just try to fix the things that are broken.

musicollector

Thank you. Hmmm...I must have misheard it. I thought a 1 GB add-on was $15. I now see it is $50! 😡Not good when I can get the same amount with Speakout for $25!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

All unused portions of add ons roll over EXCEPT the 10 day ones for the use while in the USA. 

Need Help? Let's chat.