cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Public Mobile be providing the option of E-SIMS?

ecashmore
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With Apple making the incredible move of supporting E-SIM cards, will Public Mobile be providing it's customers the option of using  either a physical SIM card and/or an E-SIM card? I'm pretty sure that phones will eventually phase out the physical cards over time. Wondering what people are hearing?

3 REPLIES 3

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My problem with esim is that it's single use.  To change devices you need to pay carrier a fee for another esim.  I prefer physical SIM that I can just swap to another device. 😞  I was expecting esim to be a QR code you can reuse, but that's not the case.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@ecashmore wrote:

With Apple making the incredible move of supporting E-SIM cards, will Public Mobile be providing it's customers the option of using  either a physical SIM card and/or an E-SIM card? I'm pretty sure that phones will eventually phase out the physical cards over time. Wondering what people are hearing?

I’ve wondered the same! It would certainly make it easier & faster to sign up for an account with PM opposed to waiting 2-3 weeks for a sim card to arrive in the mail causing potential customers to miss the promotions being offered while waiting for the sim card to arrive!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ecashmore   if the question is Will PM provide the option, then answer is YES

but it just a matter of when. 

eSIM is the trend, PM has no way to stop it, so I see that it will enable soon.  But it depends on how fast the industry pumps out eSIM only phones and it will determine the future of eSIM here

US has eSIM only iPhone but not Canada yet.  if you ask me, I don't think we will see eSIM only iPhone for another 2 to 3 years.  (Canada is always slower to adapt).    But PM might bring in eSIM sooner as Lucky has it already, hopefully 2023

Need Help? Let's chat.