cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my referral discounts if I change to a new plan type?

Zee09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Mods,

I currently have discounts due to referrals I have made but I am looking to change my plan type and am wondering if those discounts will continue? If I change my plan will the discounts still continue on the new plan? 

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zee09 

Are you on the former $10 50/50 legacy plan now known as the unlucky $13 plan or the slim $13 plan? Adding a data add on will not affect anything in your account at all. BTW.... the data add on will automatically default to full speed 4G LTE data speed. You may want to adjust any app playing video to the lowest quality available (still excellent on your phone's small screen) so you use less data and do not perform any speed tests as they can easily use 400mb+ in one test. Data add ons are one time purchases and do not expire they also roll over every 30 days until completely consumed.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Zee09 

your credit discounts and rewards is will be in your account not losing anyting,, but as i say at my post above just for this promo will losing.

Zee09

Thank you for the info! I just want to add 1GB to my plan that has zero data. Will I keep my $ credits if I change?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Zee09 

no and yes

if you have this promo code 2GBBONUS, then will losing this promo,

anything else rewards and promo gift will be in your account as is,

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Zee09 wrote:

What does that mean?

If you are currently getting rewards as credit $, do not switch to points.

Rewards are associated with account not with Plan. Unless you have promo associated with current Plan (2GB for 6 months, or similar) you will not lose referrals, loyalty, etc if you switch to any other plan.

Zee09

What does that mean?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But don't switch to points!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Zee09 wrote:

Hey Mods,

I currently have discounts due to referrals I have made but I am looking to change my plan type and am wondering if those discounts will continue? If I change my plan will the discounts still continue on the new plan? 

@Zee09 hi no you will not lose any referrals 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.