cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose add-ons on both my phones if I change plan for one of them?

ten11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two PM phones under my name, one for me and one for my daughter, each with it's own number, email, login, add-ons, payment cycle etc. Effectively they are two different accounts, but since they are both in my name I learned recently that reward points are only awarded to me as if I have only one account, and not in each account separately, even though I am paying for 2 accounts fully.  So when I recently applied the rewards showing under one account login, then logged out and logged into the second account, I saw that the rewards points that had shown under that account previously were gone. Rewards per customer, not per account 😕

My issue now is that I am debating changing the plan on one of the 2 phones only, and keeping the second phone plan the same, but now I am worried: if I change one plan, I expect to lose the add-ons on that plan when I switch, but might I also lose the add-ons in the second phone's plan too? (the one that I do not change?) I don't want to make any changes if it means I will lose all of the add-ons in both plans. Does anybody know how PM treats this situation? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@ten11 wrote:

Thanks @hairbag1. It is mostly the 150 Day Bonus data in the first account I am concerned about losing, about 28GB. The second account rec'd much less 150 Day Bonus data for some reason and that is the account I want to change, from 25$/month plan to the 19$/month promo plan. I really hope you're right...I will go for it and hope it works out, and I only lose the small amount of data in account #2, and not the data in account #1! 🤞

Fear not...you won't lose anything in acct #1 by changing plans in acct #2. Each account is treated separately, no matter who's name is on the account.

ten11

Thanks @hairbag1. It is mostly the 150 Day Bonus data in the first account I am concerned about losing, about 28GB. The second account rec'd much less 150 Day Bonus data for some reason and that is the account I want to change, from 25$/month plan to the 19$/month promo plan. I really hope you're right...I will go for it and hope it works out, and I only lose the small amount of data in account #2, and not the data in account #1! 🤞

ten11

Thanks EB0! I think I understand what happened with my rewards points issue...

When I had asked in a conversation with PM chat-bot why I only rec'd one anniversary 10 point reward allotment in one account, instead of 10 points in each account,  I was told " you should receive 10 points for every 12 months you're subscribed, regardless of the number of accounts you have.

The anniversary reward of 10 points is given per subscriber, not per account. Therefore, if you have three accounts under the same subscriber, you will receive a total of 10 points for all three accounts combined."

Meaning this points per subscriber situation only applied to the anniversary points specifically, and not all other points accumulation methods.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Reward points are per account not per customer, I have multiple accounts under my name, all using the same credit card, every account has its own points, I can redeem points from one account without affecting the other accounts.

it could be a browser cashing issue.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ten11 

you won't lose add-ons on either. If you did get the recent 150 Day Bonus data, AND you're gonna change plans to one of lower value, you'll lose that bonus data. You won't loose the Holiday Bonus data or LD minutes from previous gifts.

added..

each account is treated as a separate account...not affected by what the other does.

Need Help? Let's chat.