cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you still deduct amount from my account . I didn't choose auto pay

hamid1347
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have sent my email about my sim cart. Did you receive it?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hamid1347 

Public mobile is not pay as you go service. If you have a card registered for autopay and it is enabled then it will charge your card every 30 days for service regardless if you use the service or not. You have to disable autopay or put your card on hold between midnight and noon eastern on the night of your renewal so that autopay fails and your account is suspended for nonpayment. Then you have 89/90 days to pay and reactivate to save your account and phone number from cancelation and deactivation.

@hamid1347 credit card not necessary being compromised.  

When you activate after July, it said clearly on the portal that your credit card will be enabled for Pre-Authorized payment.  If you want to stop that, you need to go back to My Account and disable it

@Hamid13478 wrote:

How can I receive two month charge without using sim cart?

As long as your sim card was activated, and you didn't disable Pre-Authorized payments, you will get charged.  PM has no way to decide not to charge you because you didn't use your phone

Of course, if you say you have not activated the sim card still, it is a different story

@Hamid13478 

It sounds like your CC has been compromised so contact your CC company to investigate and reverse the charges.

Hamid13478
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

How can I receive two month charge without using sim cart?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hamid1347 

Nope I didn’t receive it because we are all customers like you and can’t access your account. You need to login to your account and do it yourself.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hamid1347 

You need to log in and disable autopay, contact customer support to remove your payment card or replace your card with another card that will fail at renewal. ( I can supply the latter....a $0 visa gift card to replace your current card just send me a private message.)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you signed up after mid-July then the system now requires a credit card (or a hassle to get support to do it for you) which then automatically turns on autopay. You would have to log in and turn it off. Or use 611 with your 4 digit account pin.

Need Help? Let's chat.