cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my sim card suddenly can't text out anymore?

drdscdmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public mobile for a couple years now and I've never had any issues with my sim card. Well, just recently my android phone busted and so I had to use something else to use my sim card. I have an iPad. It can use sim cards. At the beginning,everything worked well, and then one day, I couldn't text or reply anymore. I can receive texts, but I no longer could text out or reply. I put my sim card in my girlfriend's phone and calling out or receiving calls works. It can also receive texts on her phone. But the texting out no longer works. It can do everything it's supposed to except reply or text out. I'm still paying for my service, but I can't text out anymore. Does anybody have this problem??? How he he'll did this happen? Do I need a new sim card? It always gives me an exclamation mark and says unable to send out message..... what do I do to get my sim card working like before??? 

6 REPLIES 6

drdscdmd

Nope. My iPad has SIM card capability and can use a SIM card. It’s a Samsung galaxy tab A. It was working before normally. I can’t call out though. I can’t talk on the iPad, but texting is capable. The data can be also be used on my iPad, using my SIM card. I can communicate obviously using wifi and use textnow. But I used to be able to receive and texts out using my SIM card. It was just recently that the texting out suddenly stopped working. I put my SIM card in a regular android phone and I can call and receive calls normally. I can also receive texts too, but the replying texts stopped working. That’s my problem. Something obviously is happening to my SIM card because I can’t text out on a phone!

drdscdmd

Yeah… all of a sudden, it’s just the texting out that doesn’t work. It used to work,  it then it stopped for some reason. I tried in different phones, androids, and same thing happens. My SIM card is not damaged and it does fit fine in the slot fine. If it didn’t work, then why can I still call and receive calls? I can also receive texts. Just not being able to reply to anyone by text.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@drdscdmd , for privacy & security reasons a CSA removed your phone numbers from your post. This is a public / open forum that your posting on. Sorry.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @drdscdmd 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8163247#:~:text=You%20cannot%20receive%20SMS%20sent,sending%20S....

You cannot receive SMS sent to the SIM in your iPad. As already explained, SMS are sent over the voice network, not the internet. And your iPad does not connect to the voice network

GR
Mayor / Maire

@drdscdmd  I believe that the Sim in an iPad is for data only.  You can't call or text. You can send an imessage because that uses data! You should be able to use textnow with it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@drdscdmd  - This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

We are all customers like you here on the forum. 

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

So the sim works in another phone, but not the ipad?

Try and see here, does this help?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420#:~:text=Make%20sure%20that%20the%20SIM,test%20with%20anothe....

EDIT, did you say the texting out does NOT work in your girlfriend's phone?

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to try and fix the issue.This is for iphone, not sure about ipad though...

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.
Need Help? Let's chat.