cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Walmart refused to sell Public mobile SIM card and service plan in the store?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

why is Walmart refused to sell Public mobile SIM cards in the store according to the PM Map?

I went to Walmart Islington/hwy 401 location kisok to buy a PB SIM yesterday.

However, the Rep did not know about the PB SIM card and Holiday Promo. 

The Rep. asked to buy Freedom or others, he said he would give a good deal. 

I turned it down. I end up with nothing at Walmart.

Then, I changed to go to a small repair store on Royal York Road and the Westway.

And I got a SIM with no cost, instead of signing up with a $15 plan.  

7 REPLIES 7

murpharator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got mine at Walmart in Canada

Bfdarby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I’ve found that Walmart employees aren’t always familiar with Public Mobile so that might’ve been the issue. The Holliday Promo can be selected when you activate the SIM card online. I’ve always found London Drugs is way better with SIM cards. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, this appears to happen way too often this time of year, @chch518 

It appears endemic at Walmart - where their mobile sales staff clearly want to make the best bang for the buck, and that is not with Public Mobile SIM card sales.

You will find that some Walmart stores are different than others, so when you find one that is more accommodating, be sure to remember that one, and avoid the greedy ones.

Welcome to Public Mobile, and be sure to use a referral code of a friend or family member on your activation.   If you already activated, and didn't use one, make sure to contact the PM Customer Service Agents  here  to supply it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.CAD $3.99 Now

if you want buy it online for Two SIM card for $10. plus tax with shipping 4 to 7 business days,

Sim Card (publicmobile.ca)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I always wish PM sells SIM like Lucky.   $4, Dollarama, there is always one around you  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chch518   yes, unfortunately, even some Koodo stores is doing that ..

Sales makes more commission by activating then selling you the SIM (in fact, likely the sales himself make  $0 for selling SIM alone)., so they rather keep the SIM for activation only.    It is definitely a bad practice.  I always ask people to go to Google Review and make a "good" review on the store so people knows how that place runs

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 wrote:

why is Walmart refused to sell Public mobile SIM cards in the store according to the PM Map?

I went to Walmart Islington/hwy 401 location kisok to buy a PB SIM yesterday.

However, the Rep did not know about the PB SIM card and Holiday Promo. 

The Rep. asked to buy Freedom or others, he said he would give a good deal. 

I turned it down. I end up with nothing at Walmart.

Then, I changed to go to a small repair store on Royal York Road and the Westway.

And I got a SIM with no cost, instead of signing up with a $15 plan.  

@chch518  - you are not the first to complain about a walmart.

Walmart representatives do not work for Public Mobile, so to speak. They are known to be difficult in some locations when dealing with Public Mobile SIMs and plans.

Go ahead and provide feed back here if you like: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/providing-feedback-on-stores

That is awesome that you went elsewhere and got the SIM free with the plan. 🙂

Welcome!

Need Help? Let's chat.