cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does, in My Account, it show a link to start activation ........?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Why does, in My Account, it show a link to start activation to use a referral code?  I thought with the new activation web pages the link would no longer work and I thought it was removed from that box in My Account that shows the referral code. 

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Yeah...the test environment...oh wait. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

If you can pass the grade then you move up a tier. Or if you're a star, up to the big leagues. But what do I know.

With the performance in January, you think any of them will pass? 

Any Tier 4 playground for them to move "down"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : I think the IT talent pool has been well demonstrated these last few weeks. Like I've said before...these little so-called MVNO, 3rd-tier, "flanker" brands are basically the training grounds for newbies. If you can pass the grade then you move up a tier. Or if you're a star, up to the big leagues. But what do I know.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Right, in the past it started the activation page AND prefilled the referral code. That really helped making sure an 0 was an 0 and not an o etc. So is it back or is it another IT blunder?

PM like to push out something first and have it working a bit after

So, maybe the link will actually work in couple days?

of course it could also be " triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date."  -- Jade

Right, in the past it started the activation page AND prefilled the referral code. That really helped making sure an 0 was an 0 and not an o etc. So is it back or is it another IT blunder?

@Anonymous   Nope, I only stand beside Walmart Mobile kiosk and give out my referral codes whenever I hear something say "Public Mobile"!!!. LoL

so, the link didn't really populate the code?  It's not good.  People give it to friend,  likely the one will use the link and just click next next next and forget to enter it again in Step 4... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : What? ... you don't have a pile of SIM's waiting to give out to someone for that coveted referral? 🙂 I tried it. Nope.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

The code is embedded in the link.  So, it could work with some kind of cache.  But will not know  unless someone going through the activation process and get to Step 4 where there is a promo and friend referral code. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the old way from the old activation screen that had the raf on the first screen. Seems it got resurrected in the facelift. I spotted that earlier too. meh

and the link is in this pattern

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/?raf=CODEHERE

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No, it is against the TOC. Look in the box with your referral code...click the underlined word “link”. See what happens?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

I see the link you're referring to. Not sure what that's about, or if it would even work reliably for others to use when creating new accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.