cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Public Mobile suck so badly?

westcoastfloat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't have access to my email account to find out my account number so I can login, and or make online payments. Also need my account number to cancel my service and go to a different provider who services my area

25 REPLIES 25

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@westcoastfloat 

CSA did not ask you supply PIN # or provide any 3 of the following in addition to the login link:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

westcoastfloat

Too Funny. So the number one reason I need to access my account is to get my account number. Now cs agent is sending me links asking for exactly that to verify me. "UMMMM HELLO STUPID, IF I HAD THAT I WOULDNT NEED CUSTOMER SERVICE, WOULD I?????

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Why does my link to Public Mobile customer support suck so badly?

🤔?

@dust2dust 

Thx....Fixed....lol...I had checked the one to Simple--Simon since I had never use him but I didn't check the private message link. I have my work cut out for me now. Sigh....

@westcoastfloat 

Sorry about that. I'm technologically challenged at times but the community helps me overcome my personal failings with the 21st century.

Edit:

Fixed and fixed at least @westcoastfloat  you were the unfortunate guinea pig to my error but I appreciate that you gave us the feedback because I would hated to have to go back and fix 1000 posts rather than just 100+. If for some reason you are in need of a voucher there was a poor fellow who got stuck with a pm voucher instead of a pc voucher if you want to make a deal with him I will find his thread....just a thought?

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

darlicious: The link in your signature is wrong. And while you're there you have an extra s in message. Please see the link from softech above. You have some extra things at the end.

westcoastfloat: What do you mean anonymously? How does the "activation code" get to you? Does it appear in the purchase screen? Which site are you seeing this? If you use recharge.com or ding.com then however you deal with them is up to them. Then they email the voucher pin to the email of your choice. (Adding: or text it to your number which would be a problem if you're suspended) All separate from Public other than using the service.

What recording are you getting from 611? Usually it will tell you the balance and due date. If suspended then it will want money but I seem to recall that it will give you the balance too. You can also press # to get to the main menu (as the recording says). There you can press 4 to get your balance.

Denominations sold by a seller are up to the seller. Not Public.

Thanks for the update of the things you've tried. We didn't know you had, so we suggest things. Changing the phone to 3G (UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA) is usually better reception when just idling. Very unfortunate that the Telus network isn't working for you where you are.

@westcoastfloat   if you just want the account number, best to message PM Support with direct message (no more SIMON).  They will either just give it to you or they might help to reset the password and let you login to My Account and check it yourself

Again, this is how to direct message to PM Support:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

westcoastfloat

That's funny. I have clicked the "Click here" link you left for sending a message, and it's failed 4 times over an 8 hr period.

Simon is useless. It's like talking to my dogs testicles.

All I want is my **bleep** account number so I can leave. 

And here is another fact backing the stupidity I claim pm is, I can go online and buy activation codes ANONYMOUSLY with other providers, but with pm, I have to have my email addy and password. How come I don't need that to walk into 7-11 or Canadian Tire which is ferry ride away FYI?

And, oh the hits keep coming, *611 won't tell you your balance. So I have to go onto a ferry, drive 25 mins to the nearest store that sells minutes, and then $5 at a time, top up my account till I use up my existing $23 balance, and can then leave in a month without throwing MORE money away on a crap service.

Also someone mentioned rebooting my phone, cycling airplane mode, setting to 3g. All of the above has been done over the past 8 months of crap service here. And to get anything stronger than 3g would be a miracle like the parting of the red sea by Moses.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastfloat 

Both links to customer support are in my post. They usually reply in an hour or less. Is both your voice call and data connection poor? When's the last time you rebooted your phone? Toggled airplane mode on/off?

Rogers has a $10 plan on their website?

Edit:

Oh $10 cheaper....20gb plan?

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Again, as mentioned, you could use the IMEI of the device that the sim is in to port out.

You were given instructions on contacting the support people earlier to change the email address or get the account #. That's the customer service here. They're usually quite responsive.

I wonder if you were to change your phone to 3G only whether you would get better idle reception. I wonder if you were to try someones Rogers sim in your phone to see if it's any better. I only have a couple bars when idling. But it jumps to full bars on a call. And I'm in a somewhat urban area.

westcoastfloat

Yeah the "DIY" statement is absolutely correct!

Sadly in the offshore community I'm in, Rogers has the best signal, not to mention same plan I'm on now is $10 cheaper.

I require my account number to be able to swap to a different provider. Now if I could DIY a customer service to change my email addy, I'd be all over that. But the fact there is ZERO customer service here, that's not happening. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastfloat 

You won't get better coverage in bc then from telus. Unless you have a poor 3G signal which pm uses for voice calls. Even that can often be overcome with a little troubleshooting. Give the community a chance to help you with your issue(s) and give pm a chance. But if you are not a change your own oil kind of person then yeah maybe port out as its DIY around here.

So I'll have another go at parsing your first message.

"I don't have access to my email account to find out my account number"
yes the welcome email would have had the account number

"so I can login,"
You don't need the account number to login, it's your email address. Then you need your password.

"and or make online payments."
You can also dial in to 611 and use the registered credit card or buy vouchers and enter them in 611.
You can also use instant top-up in some stores.

"Also need my account number to cancel my service"
Only if you're wishing to take your number to another provider. Otherwise you could just stop paying. And you can use the IMEI to port out too.

"and go to a different provider who services my area"
Public belongs to Telus. Telus is everywhere in civilization. Not the boonies which is the same for most other providers.
So what are the problems you're having making you think Public isn't serving your area? What phone are you using? Whereabouts-ish on the west coast are you?

@westcoastfloat wrote:

Password resets work great, IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT EMAIL ACCOUNT LOL

@westcoastfloat   this applies for any system.  LoL

no worry, open a ticket with PM support and they will take care of it.

(better is to use method 1 below, but if you want to take it easy, use Method 2 below

if you are unable to reset it there, please open a ticket with PM Support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

westcoastfloat

West coast BC

westcoastfloat

Password resets work great, IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT EMAIL ACCOUNT LOL

Coka

@JL9 wrote:

Lol exactly, I don't understand why people get so surprised sometimes when it is a no frills type of service

Most of customers don't understand 'no frills' or 'tier 3' meaning for cell provider.

People compare only price; so PM is at the bottom of the list so then - why not, good deal!

No research, no asking questions first. PRICE is the main factor. And then complain why things don't work perfectly.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Been here two plus years and found that most carriers suck. Yesterday the internet was out in our area for all Rogers users. I had data on my phone with Public, I proceeded to ask how much each of them pay and they all answered too much! LOL 

On a more serious note, if you are really having like a tonne of issues you have come to the right place:

1. click forgot password when you sign in.

2. If you port your number this service will automatically cancel.

3. Do not cancel your number here first or you will lose your number. 

4. You don't need your account number to port, you can just use your phone's info, your sim card number, and your name.

Hopefully, this is helpful. 

Lol exactly, I don't understand why people get so surprised sometimes when it is a no frills type of service

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastfloat 

PM is not bad at all. 
Most of the time it is operator error, they forgot what email address they used with the many emails they have.

Also forget to write down the password and the answer to the security question.

I alway add the password to all my accounts on my iPhone.

This is to avoid any fraudulent activities on people’s account. 😈

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would not say PM is that bad. Some people have issues logging in and most likely due to forgotten email used or password.

Sometimes autopay fails but remedy is usually straight forward.

If you keep your login credentials handy and at secured easy accessible place, you would never struggle to log in.

To gain access to your account contact agent for assistance. So simple...

The Public Mobile motto...

hairbag1_0-1651683439434.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You asked,  "Why does Public Mobile suck so badly?"

A.  Because they use those silly paper straws that collapse in on themselves when they get wet. 

🤣🤣🤣

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastfloat wrote:

I don't have access to my email account to find out my account number so I can login, and or make online payments. Also need my account number to cancel my service and go to a different provider who services my area

To make a payment to your account...get payment vouchers at Shell Gas station or Walmart...then dial 611 to apply them to your account.

Then deal with you account info later on.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastfloat 

If you are porting your number out to another carrier, the account will be closed automatically. If not porting out just remove your credit card information and your account will also close automatically after 90 days from the next renewal date due to non payment. Your account must be active to port your number out unless you are going to Telus or Koodo.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can still login to the account if you remember your password.

What area are you in? Winnipeg? Brandon? Other than that you should have coverage unless you're in the boonies.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@westcoastfloat   PM is not that bad.  You just need to understand the system.  

Did you try to use Forgot Password link to reset the password?

if you are unable to reset it there, please open a ticket with PM Support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.