cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Public Mobile keep sending me promotional text messages after I've asked them to stop?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello mods 🙂

I am getting promotional text messages from Public Mobile once or twice a month. Each time I reply with "STOP" and I am then sent a text saying that Public Mobile will no longer send me promotional text messages and to allow for up to 10 days for this to take effect. Thing is, I've been through this process at least 5 times now in as many months and I keep getting unsolicited text messages (spam) from Public Mobile.

How do I insure that Public Mobile will honor their own policy and refrain from sending me any more "Promotional Text Messages"? I'd very much like public mobile to stop sending me spammy text messages if possible.

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

@77 

What number are these messages coming from? Pm uses several : 100, 611, 5129, 5132, 5179 and 7797. You can be unsubscribed from promotional offers but cannot be unsubscribed from mandated messages like the CCTS message you recieved today or messages about your plan renewal for example. Keep in mind that when you unsubscribe you will also lose out on any freebie offers pm may send you like the 5gb data add on and 1000 min add on most BC and Alberta customers recieved in August 2020.

Edit:

I have recieved 3 promotional texts in the past year. 1 each from telus, koodo and pm.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are all the SMSs coming from the same number or different number every time?

If same then block that number. 

Edit: you might not get the promotional SMS as well. 

Under my account Try turning all the notifications off in the page of my account subscription, let us know if you still get some. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@77 wrote:

Hello mods 🙂

I am getting promotional text messages from Public Mobile once or twice a month. Each time I reply with "STOP" and I am then sent a text saying that Public Mobile will no longer send me promotional text messages and to allow for up to 10 days for this to take effect. Thing is, I've been through this process at least 5 times now in as many months and I keep getting unsolicited text messages (spam) from Public Mobile.

How do I insure that Public Mobile will honor their own policy and refrain from sending me any more "Promotional Text Messages"? I'd very much like public mobile to stop sending me spammy text messages if possible.

Thanks for your help!

@77 

t_p_0-1637365400571.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 @77 

that Subscriptions for account community not account with public mobile line...

*public mobile has two different system...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@77 wrote:

Hello mods 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Log in to your account and click the little lightbulb icon on top right side of page. Then click on My Subscriptions...then click on Notification Settings. From there you can turn off those pesky text messages yourself. No need to wait for CSA assistance when you can make your own adjustments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@77 

maybe the love you more,or Special member...

and you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.