cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* Why does Public Mobile block and remove questions if you edit them?

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why is the Public Mobile question monitoring program designed to automatically ignore the contents of customers' questions and instead block and remove legitimate customer questions if a customer edits their question (to correct an error or to clarify what was first posted, for examples)? 

Customers who have questions are not aggressively advertising some unsolicited product or service or trying to steal people's identities when they ask a question or two or edit their questions.

My other two questions posted earlier (about an hour ago and then another one shortly after that originally) are about why the automated payment notification message is no longer being sent out and what time customer service and the technical department will be available this weekend, until Tuesday morning, in case a customer needs some help porting over a phone number and activating a new SIM card.

There is no need to duplicate this message or the question.  Nobody needs to read it repeatedly.

Thank you in advance to anybody who can provide a clear answer to this question.  It is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Word-Nerd

Thank you, softech, for your response.

Could you provide me with clear directions to the company’s Community gulag? Perhaps my questions are being held in cummunicado there, hopefully not in solitary confinement.

Witnesses report that they were kidnapped from the Community by four people in balaclavas, thrown into the back of a van and taken away to an unknown location.

Pray for their safe return to the Community, where they were taken from.

@Word-Nerd

maybe know if you see your  postgot trapped in the "unmoderated posts" section, the link 8nsent you?

we saw different reason for this.  Sometimes is a false positives like you happened to have the same IP as an IP that was previously blocked.

Unfortunately, we are just customers like you here.  For investigation, best to open ticket with support.  Please open a ticket and see that they find out

Word-Nerd

Thanks HALIMACS for your response.

Unfortunately, you can't see my first two questions, one of which was briefly posted, until the company blocked and removed it.  The company blocked the second one before it was posted.  Since no explanation is provided for these decisions, there is no way to fix any problem the Artificial Stupidity program creates (by arbitrarily blocking and removing legitimate customer questions) other than by blind guessing (about the "reason" for the removal).

This Kafkaesque situation reminds me of the secret terrorism trials the U. S. A. government (and Canada's too, if I remember correctly) held to try and convict alleged terrorists after September 11, 2001.  People were taken to other countries, held in communicado for years, some for more than ten years, without trial and those who were "tried" for their alleged crimes were not allowed to know what they had been charged with (if anything) or what evidence was being used against them. 

How can one defend oneself if you are not allowed to know what you've been charged with or what evidence is being used against you?

In comparing this situation to the people who were arbitrarily "detained" for years, even decades, without being provided the reason for it or what they were charged with, if anything, or any disclosure of the evidence that was being used against them; I am in no way trying to insinuate that the situation here is even remotely as serious as the one those people faced, so I hope that nobody is offended by such a crude comparison.  It is merely a comparison of the Kafkaesque situation customers face when their questions are banished to the company's Community gulag without explanation or possibly reasonable excuse of any kind.

If a company is allowed to banish a customer's questions to it's internet gulag, the least it should do is tell the customer exactly why the question is not allowed to be asked or what other reason is being used to banish the question(s) and prevent anybody from reading them or responding to them,

If the company allowed you (or anybody else) to read my questions, you would find that no profanity, advertising, internet address or text similar to that used by HTML is included, the paragraphs are short and consist of just a few sentences and when spelling or informational errors were found, shortly after first trying to post the questions, I corrected them (by editing the affected paragraphs).

Not one of the six possible "rules" you mentioned were contravened in any way.

The only conclusion I can draw is that editing a question, particularly shortly after posting it for the first time, is somehow considered "offensive" (to the Artificial Stupidity program, presumably) and gets customers' service questions blocked and banished (to Public Mobile's Community gulag).

All I want to know is 1) when will customer service and the technical department be available to answer questions or help, if necessary, from now until Tuesday morning during the porting process (of a phone number) and activation of a new SIM card and 2) why did the payment notification messages ("Thank you for making a payment") suddenly stop?

As for offensive or "profane" words or content, the highest law of the land, the Constitution and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and now the Supreme Court of Canada are abundantly clear on the subject.  Using words which may offend somebody is not illegal and is, in fact, legally protected speech (with a few very specific exceptions), according to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

While that is the case in Canada, I do not seek to offend anybody here and choose my words very carefully first, which is why I type them (using a word processor program) first, then copy and paste them to the Community. 

There is a time and place for everything, including possibly offending somebody, and this online Community is not the place for such discussions, in my opinion.

To summarize, all I did was try to post two legitimate customer service questions and they were blocked and removed for no reason that I can determine, other than that they were edited shortly after I attempted to post them for the first time.

@Word-Nerd the AI learning pattern is hard to guess 

I posted some network bans number and those got spam filtered and I need to post using a picture to bypass

someone who got banned by PM, he copied my posts to reply and I ended up suffered from the spam filter

I ended up to change my words to get around 

BTW, if you see your original post in my link provided above, take a scrrenshot and post that instead 

Word-Nerd

Thanks, esjliv, for your response.

Questions are being screened out, even though they clearly are not aggressive advertising or identity theft attempts (which is what "spamming" is), blocked and removed, but no explanation is provided.

I need some answers (to two questions) before I port out a phone number and activate a new SIM card and need to do it tonight, if possible.

Honestly, I don't have time for this nonsense just before everything closes down early for the holiday Monday, so I will have to read any possible answers I get when I come back.  When I return, I will also reduce the font size also, if I remember to do so.  Thanks for the information.

Here’s my take, @Word-Nerd  (fitting username, by the way) 😉

To avoid this anomaly, pay attention to this:

1. Avoid wording resembling profanity, advertising or services.

2. Incorrect URLS or the wrong format Such as starting with http:/.

3. Text similar to an HTML or elements of it...etc...

4. Any wording that could be misinterpreted as an advertisement.

5. Spelling mistakes or issues related to spelling.

6. Create more paragraphs and /or avoid long sequences of text. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd just an fyi, it is difficult to read your posts, for me anyways, due to the font being so big...just putting that out there.

Sometimes posts get affected due to the spam filter...if you notice it happens a lot submit a ticket. At one point I was having many issues, and after submitting a ticket to an agent they did something to my community account and it never happened again.

Word-Nerd

Thank you, Softech, for your response.

My phone number, account number or card number were posted and nor will I ever do that, as I am very careful about personal information after having my identity stolen by a criminal years ago.

The computer program (automated spam filtre) seems to be programmed to ignore the contents of customers' questions and simply block and remove any question which a customer edits or changes in any way, shortly after first posting something, for example and provides no explanation for the removal and blocking.

How long do you think it will take until either the dumb Artificial Stupidity program or a person figures this out and posts the questions?

Thanks for responding.  Due to other commitments, I will be unable to read any responses now until I return (before all the stores close).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi @Word-Nerd likely just the automated spam filter thinks there is some words they don't like. 

check if it is here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

Sometimes is for your protection, like if you posted some 0hone number or CC number, that would triggeree the spam filter too

Need Help? Let's chat.