cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do they make it so hard to port out?

kwintestal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seriously regretting parking my number with this service while I prepared to leave the country. 
What’s the magic word to get them to move on it? I’m leaving in a few days and they’ve now rejected me a second time. 

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

Oh yes then that makes sense....your account is active. You have your pm Sim card in the phone so contact Fonego to reinitiate the port request and reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the PAT (porting authorization text) from PM. If you still do not recieve the PAT from PM submit a ticket to customer support.

kwintestal

There isn’t an issue with my Account per PM. Fonego says my request was refused, PM is now saying they never received a request. 

kwintestal

Going to Fonego. That’s all been done. Fonego is saying the request was refused, PM is now saying they didn’t receive any request. 

kwintestal

@darlicious Because I want to send and receive messages and phone calls on the phone number I’ve had for years while I’m away but, don’t want to pay roaming fees. Fonego provides that solution. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

If you are coming back in the spring why port out at all? You can suspend for 88/89 days. Pay and reactivate on the $15 plan and suspend again after 30 days for 88/89 days. That's 7 months for $15. Your account and any points/rewards, add ons etc....stays intact and you save the cost of purchasing a new Sim card. You just need to set a couple of reminders to not miss the 89th day to reactivate for 30 days. With your account active into the month of December you will even be able to pick up any freebie add on gifts if we have a 4th annual "more is merrier" campaign this holiday season.

@kwintestal 

@kwintestal wrote:

It was, I received no such text. 

@kwintestal you must leave public sim in phone to receive transfer request, you have 90 minutes to reply yes or port will fail

@kwintestal which  carrier you are going to? make sure account is active.. give them the account number 

@kwintestal 

Go into self service and confirm that your account says Active. You can then go back to your new carrier and ask them to port your number again from PM.

kwintestal

It was, I received no such text. 

kwintestal

I think it’s ending up more that they don’t want me back again in the spring. 

kwintestal

I’ve received no such text message either time that I’ve submitted. It was claimed that my account wasn’t active last time (I submitted on Nov 2, plan expired Nov 3, received rejection early morning Nov 3). Submitted same info this time after paying more, and rejected again. Same info that identified “inactive acct” but no good for this.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal hi  your account needs to be active in order to port your number ,if so did you receive the port request? did you reply yes?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kwintestal  Maybe they don’t want you to go?..😬

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

If you are porting your number out….leave your Public Mobile sim card in your phone to get the confirmation text to port out.

Need Help? Let's chat.