cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do calls to our phone go straight to voice mail?

Flyawayrobin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We just switched to PM few days ago and my husband isn’t receiving calls. When I call his phone, it says long distance charges may apply and then goes to VM? Why?

7 REPLIES 7

Flyawayrobin

Yes we did

Flyawayrobin

Will give that a try

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If this was a ported number, port could be stuck @Flyawayrobin . May need CSA help to reinitiate the port:

Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

If this was not a port, have the phone restarted, and perform a reset of the device's network settings.

Oh, and also check that the DND (do not disturb setting has accidently been turned on).

Try adding a '1' in front when you call him, that long distance message will likely go away.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

#1 - that recording is that you didn't include a 1 in front of the number.

#2 - which leads to the likelihood of a porting problem that you ended up going to voicemail. I'll bet that was the old voicemail if you were to leave a message.

Did you leave the old sim in the phone to reply to a confirmation text if you did in fact transfer an old number?

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Flyawayrobin 

select the network manually to 3G and reboot phone.

ignore those message and add 1 in front of are code,

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you do porting of your number at the same time when you opened account?

@Flyawayrobin wrote:

We just switched to PM few days ago and my husband isn’t receiving calls. When I call his phone, it says long distance charges may apply and then goes to VM? Why?

This could be an issue with the network's ability to switch from the LTE to the HSPA network needed for phone calls.  This isn't ideal no a permanent solution, but try setting your phone to 3g-only network mode temporarily to see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.