cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't public mobile members talk to someone over the phone for help and issues about our plans,.

JeffAnnett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 REPLIES 5

3mom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi JeffAnnett, 

Public Mobile actually used to have kiosks, stores, and call centres, but they started phasing them out so they could offer the best possible pricing to their clients. I know for many clients this seems problematic, especially when there are technical issues that you want dealt with right away, but the moderator team posts regularly to the Community Board about any issues that may be happening with service. All depending when you post to the forum, if a community member cannot assist you, message a moderator and they typically get back to you within a reasonable amount of time. 

I hope I've answered your question. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can't remember where I read it or the actual dollar value but I did read somewhere once that the cost of maintaining a call centre for this type of thing is quite high. I think it broke down to $10 a call if not more when you factor in all the costs associated with it. 

One would hope that just having online support would filter out all the very simple problems like people not able to turn on their phone.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JeffAnnett 

Public Mobile is a no frills carrier with online-only support.  The community is here to provide help with questions that don't require account access, while the PM moderators are available to provide account assistance through private messaging.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Part of the reason Public Mobile is able to offer such low plan prices, is because it is a barebones company without things like a call centre.

The Moderators here do a great job though, you can reach one here if you need to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JeffAnnett  Because Public Mobile bill themselves as mobile company without any phone service.  Only online customer service with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.