Did you mean: 

Why aren’t we competing?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

59B5B17C-F514-4C37-A60A-E6ACBC4FEF3F.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16

@jor123 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. This offer is from Telus. Telus won't "compete" against itself, lol, this thread seems pointless.

Telus has tried to upsell Koodo plans in particular to PM customers before though. 

"Compete" means something different.

Telus would never try to entice Telus customers with cheaper Telus offers. "Hey, we know you're already a Telus customer. But here at Koodo we can give you a better deal." "Heads up, if you leave Koodo and join Public Mobile, you'll start saving $10/month right away. And if you act now, we'll even throw in a 2GB data add-on as a signup bonus. Sweet deal, eh?"

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korth wrote:

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. This offer is from Telus. Telus won't "compete" against itself, lol, this thread seems pointless.

Telus has tried to upsell Koodo plans in particular to PM customers before though. 

And I will argue that Prepaid (NO credit check required) versus Postpaid (credit check required) is a factor for many people as well. 

AE_Collector

pkaraa

@computergeek541 when plans are compared, different things are compared... not only the price. Price, minutes, data, networks, customer service. 

@pkaraa wrote:

PM compares with lucky, wind and freedom plans. Which one of those provide the rewards for loyalty and community help? 

OP comparing PM with Koodo or Telus.

Public Mobile's plans are no comparision to Freedom's. Freedom's plan are much better, though the network isn't good.  Public Mobile also stopped competing long ago with Freedom Mobile, and now largely only mirros Lucky Mobile and Chatr Wireless.

pkaraa

PM compares with lucky, wind and freedom plans. Which one of those provide the rewards for loyalty and community help? 

OP comparing PM with Koodo or Telus.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@DDM69 wrote:

Tried to delete the post

I came across the same lack of feature - unable to delete post. The only way to negate what I said if I think it is wrong or incorrect is to edit it and remove all text, leave maybe dot (.) or just to strikethrough.

Yes the $51 isn’t shared between the four or more lines but the data is!

AE_Collector

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

it's shareable data

$51/7.5gb per line. if the 30gb was split between the family. on top of that there's a huge potential kids might use that 30gb like it was nothing. leaving the rest of the family with nothing. it's not really that great of a deal...

$50/10.5gb for pm customers. I don't see any competition here...

DDM69

Tried to delete the post

It's like comparing apples and oranges. There's no comparison, so there's nothing to compete with.  lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 you removed the pic and the subject now and it makes us all who replied  look silly...

at least you should award  @Anonymous  the Accepted solution as he answered your question.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

When it comes to Prepaid, PM plans are very good with rewards. If there are better deals available, I am sure PM would try to offer something similar. At one point in the past, they were battling with Freedom. Now a days in the prepaid world, no one wants to be the first one to offer a best deal unfortunately. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/91201?lightbox-user-imag...

yes, i think 4 or more lines means "minimum"  charge is $51 x4.  It is good if you are moving your whole family under one roof

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DDM69 : 1. bring 4 or more lines 2. OAC - so it's postpaid

But whatever enticement to attract customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.