cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are people who registered this week getting helped first?

Purin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the $120 promo on Sunday morning but got an error message saying the account activation request failed even though my credit card was charged. I received a welcome email saying my self-serve account has been created but I cannot log in or set up a new account. I have zero service on the sim card (it does show the PubMo network on my phone). On Sunday I got 3 texts says my plan does not include texts and just this morning I got another one saying the same thing. I’m not even porting in a number yet, just using a newly assigned number, so it is a simple account activation error.

I private messaged a mod on Sunday morning but it still hasn't been read, and yet I see in several threads on the board that people who registered this week (some as recently as yesterday!) have already been helped??

I understand that @Mary_M@Saray_O@Shazia_K are swamped, and I have tried to be patient (this is after waiting 6 weeks to get the sim card from the simswap!), but seeing newer users than me get help so quickly is frustrating. I'm starting to regret the day I made the decision to try out PubMo.

35 REPLIES 35

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't envy them either. I also don't disagree that they are most likely dealing with these issues higher up behind the scenes. But if there are only 4 front line staff, how many do you think are behind the scenes? It takes time. Time that right now, they don't have because all hands have to be on deck. Whether that's helping customers or supporting front line staff from behind the scenes.

We're on the same page, believe me. I'm actually usually one of those nightmare customers who feels entitled. But I can't help but see things for what they are here. If anyone is expecting changes right now, that's not likely to happen. Once the promotion is over and the support team catches up (and they will), it's a whole other story if they simply ignore their weaknesses going forward.

jwestacott
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would doubt that the MODs who are addressing all of these issues manually are also the same people who would go in an resolve the overlaying issue on the backend system. I would assume they have an application support person dedicated to that. If it is the same group of four people that is just silly and dont understand how PM could expect them to ever catchup. My frustration is definetly not directed towards the MODS trying to address all of this as I defiently dont envy the monumental ammount of work they are facing to get through all of this.

nekkidtruth

@jwestacott wrote:

Fair enough but could this have all been avoided if PM had fixed the issues with their system in the first place to minimize the number of activation issues? Or could they have not brought on a few more people to help get through the work load? I am not expecting to be able to pickup the phone and have my issue addressed on the spot with a "no frills" provider, but I think expecting to at least have your issue addressed within 2-3 business days is more than reasonable. Anything beyond that is just a clear message that PM might be in over their head here. I am sure once you get the kinks worked out the service is great.... its just extermely frustrating when you have to sit here and wonder if you will ever get to that stage.

Absolutely. All of these could have been avoided. They're definitely issues they will have to address going forward. The problem right now is simple, so they address these issues right now while under heavy load, or wait a week until the dust settles and then work out their kinks. Personally, I think they should keep their attention focused on getting support out to those who need it right now. It's all about priorities. They have already scheduled maintenance which they hope will resolve a lot of their current issues. All we can do right now is hope that it does.

jwestacott

Fair enough but could this have all been avoided if PM had fixed the issues with their system in the first place to minimize the number of activation issues? Or could they have not brought on a few more people to help get through the work load? I am not expecting to be able to pickup the phone and have my issue addressed on the spot with a "no frills" provider, but I think expecting to at least have your issue addressed within 2-3 business days is more than reasonable. Anything beyond that is just a clear message that PM might be in over their head here. I am sure once you get the kinks worked out the service is great.... its just extermely frustrating when you have to sit here and wonder if you will ever get to that stage.

nekkidtruth

No offence taken. I completely understand people are frustrated and there's nothing that anyone can say to change that fact. Nor is it unwarranted.

That being said, sometimes issues arise that you can't control. Doesn't matter who you are, where you work or what you expect. There will always be something that happens that throws everything you think out the window. I completely agree that dumping this promotion (and clearly issues from the past) on top of 4 mods is silly, but it is what it is. The fact is, this carrier provides such low prices due to the limited support service available. If you're looking for premium support, you'll find it with the more expensive providers. It's just the way it is!

bar0460

My issue was resolved but I too am concerned about what happens in 90 days.

jwestacott

No offence but this is way beyond being patient right now...... Sure you can make a thread but within 12 hours it will be buried amongst all the others desperately pleading for help and ultimately go un acknowledged. This is not to blame the MODs either as I am sure they are doing the best they can but it just seems that the backlog is growing exponentially by the day and I seriously question how 4 people will ever be able to catchup with addressing all the issues this influx has caused. Obviously PM was not ready for this kind of growth and it leads to questioning if this will become the new norm here? What happens in 90 days when all these new customers start finding that their are issues with their auto renewal? Or that they lost the promo from their account? Are we right back in this backlog again?

nekkidtruth

Hi Canuck,

Have you tried starting your own thread and tagging a mod? Aside from messaging a mod (which you've already done), that would be the best way to get assistance. Unfortunately, they are behind and there is no estimated time for support currently. I know it's frustrating but we all have to be patient right now.

Canuck

I agree! @Shazia_K And @Mary_M Haven't even read my **bleep** messages.

JayM

@Shazia_K , Thanks for help !!! Everything works on my phone now !!

Kudos to PM for setting up this Awesome way to get help !!

yy1933
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K

I have send you a PM last night about porting my 2 numbers from Rogers. 

Please help me when you have time.

Thank you very much

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@JayM

I'm sorry! I am getting to yours in 5 minutes, watch out for my reply 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JayM
@Shazia_K
My second message from yesterday is not read status. Sorry to bother but can you let me know you guys see it and not lost in limbo like other one from Sunday.

acs123

themisfit
My port hasn't worked, and I hope I don't have to wait days for this to be ported. I have 5 other devices that I want to bring over, but won't be able to make that happen if it all takes this long for a single port.

magimug

I've been reading threads where people have been waiting since late October for responses...(see the 'Activation Failed' Purgatory' thread)...I have 3 phone plans with Virgin and ran into error issues trying to open an account and port my phone on the first try yesterday....I was hoping to resolve any problems and close my account with Virgin before my next billing cycle starts....I'm thinking that might not happen now.

baluyot

I have been waiting since November 3 to fix my porting issue. I have sent @Shazia_K a private message numerous times but still the issue is not resloved. Any suggestions on how I might be able to get some help too?

JayM

Thanks @Shazia_K , I have resent the PM. Thanks for help, Hopefully it resolve soon.

Mm83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have been waiting since Saturday with the same issue. I first sent an email and was supposed to get a response in 48 hours yesterday I sent @Shazia_K a private message but still no response any suggestions on how I might be able to get some help?

magimug

Is PMing preferrable than email for assistance? 

I seem to be having the same issues with an activation error and an inability to log in to my account or self serve...I've gotten 5 identical "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" emails when I intially signed up telling me my pin has been registered and my self serve acct has been created.  My credit card has been billed so I sent a help request via email.  I don't want to jump the line, it's only been 24hrs since I sent the request but I need to do this with 2 more phones!

vbobo

@Shazia_K Could you take a look at my PM to shazia, thanks!

ellisd

Thank you @Shazia_K much appreciated!

bar0460

@Shazia_K I just resent my information to you by PM.  Perhaps you could resolve?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ellisd

Please reboot your phone, everything should be functional.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ellisd

@Shazia_K if you're monitoring this thread, can you take a look at my PM? No service at all 😞

ellisd

@JayM

Prob resend, or tag her on here. @Shazia_K

Edit: Nvm I see she responded. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@JayM

Hey! I have gone through all the private message from Sunday and don't see yours? Can you please send it back sorry for the inconvenience! 😞

Thanks, 

Shazia

JayM

I sent a PM as well on Sunday to @Shazia_K re: Failed activation (Credit card charged for $120.00), still no response. Should I resend?? I thought its usual delay and kept waiting...
Holding onto second switch ...waiting for first one to work.

bar0460

I'm not shaming anyone.  Obviously not their fault and have said so on other posts.  I know where the fault ultimately lies but that doesnt change the situation.

nekkidtruth

@bar0460 wrote:

No it's totally about a customer service department in a total state of chaos. 

It's definitely chaotic. However, I would imagine you would be in a state of chaos if someone were to throw hundreds of people at you and said "Help them!".

I'm not excusing the lack of staff, the time to resolve issues nor the porting issues, but let's be respectful of the staff here as they are truly doing their best. Now, if you want to talk upper management and or whoever is in charge of this whole thing? I'm game. They dropped the ball big time but that's no excuse to publicly shame mods for doing what they're here to do, help people.

Need Help? Let's chat.