cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my texts REPEATEDLY being sent?!

Lololol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I type "Hi", I hit send.

My contact receives

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

18 REPLIES 18

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Lololol 

• turn off device take out SIM card and inserted back and turn on,
  • go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if outgoing texts messages from specific contacts
  • Delete the contact and Verify that their phone number is correct,add it again.

• Check if you need to specify a country code (e.g) add  +1 or  in front of area code

• if sending MMS messages Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,
  • check your software ios update,

still not working tried this

and rebooting device

Lololol

Yes I live on the US border.

Lololol_0-1660576142863.png

@Lololol wrote:

Regular occurrence 

@Lololol Are you near a US border where it could be trying to ping other towers? This is why I suggested to turn off roaming, in case this was affecting you somehow.

What do you have selected in the Mobile Connections area in your device? Ideally, auto connect is selected by try 3G only temporarily and see if that works.

esjliv_0-1622501638903.png

Lololol

Regular occurrence 

@Meow   I do not think TextNow can handle text from your service provider, PM in this case.  I think TextNow only handles sms/mms for the TextNow number

And, it's actually not bad to use 3rd party app for messaging.  Google Message is one of the best one.  Even Samsung is including it on top of the native Samsung Messenger now.  It's very likely Samsung will drop it's native Samsung app and go for Google Message

@Lololol wrote:

Occurs on all messaging apps I've tried

For SMS I would recommend using only native app which came with phone/OS. Nevertheless I never had issue with TextNow but it uses WiFi so you cannot blame PM for hiccups.

Could be some network issue in your area? Some buffering issues? Is this regular occurrence or just started happening?

@Lololol   Look like @CS_Agent  spotted your case, they have opened ticket for you, except they messaged the wrong person, me, for info.

I assume they will message you soon, please check your Community inbox

@Lololol wrote:

@Lololol Yours is a Samsung as well?

I would try a Network reset as well

If issue persists, let's open a ticket with PM Support and see if they can find out anything from their end:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Lololol

Lololol

Sarnia Ontario

Lololol

Yes. The messages repeat.

@Lololol wrote:

100% PM service problem.

Repeating to everyone.

@Lololol  Try to clear the app cache if you have not done so yet

I might also try to Reset Network settings as well , but please note this will delete all your saved Wifi connections and you need to manually join them after

Also, check this link, maybe you are on the same boat, especially if yours is a Samsung

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/07/29/android-sending-double-or-duplicate-text-messages/

couple worksarounds from the page:

1.  A user claimed that they were able to fix the issue by simply turning off RCS messaging or Advance Messaging on their device.

2. In case you do not wish to go through the process of resetting your smartphone, you may want to consider switching to another messaging app. Some good alternatives are Google MessagesPulse SMSTextra, and SMS Organizer.

@Lololol wrote:

100% PM service problem.

Repeating to everyone.

Even though I use SMS daily I never experienced such SMS repeats. Sometimes they are a little bit out of order if I send few within very short period of time but not multiple duplicates.

Maybe service is not stable in your area so system thinks it did not send it and tries again and again.

Where are you located and where others are located?

Have you tried the sim in a different phone yet ?

Lololol

100% PM service problem.

Repeating to everyone.

Lololol

It occurs very frequently, but intermittently. 

Tried all your suggestions to no avail.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lololol 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Did texting work properly before?  Any recent updates to your phone? Is sending text repeating to everyone you are sending texts to ? Or just one person?  Are you sending regular SMS texts, or iMessage/RCS text messages?  Data and talk working fine?

A few basic trouble shooting dice:

Reboot your phone.  

Try your SIM card in another working phone.  Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

Clear cache from messenger app.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lololol  - well, i suppose there could be possible network, or service disruptions happening that re-sends messages when it cannot be sent to recipients.

Is this happening all the time, or just occasionally?

I would start by trying:

• turning off your phone, remove your sim card. Reisert your sim card, then restart
  • or, perform a reset of the device's network settings
  • do you have your roaming turned on in the settings of your device? If so, turn that off. You don't need that on, unless you are going to travel in the USA.
Need Help? Let's chat.