Did you mean: 

Why are incoming calls listed private number. How do I change this

norm144
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@norm144 

The caller has paid for an unlisted number. 
PM does not have an option to force call to dial *82 in front of the number to show the caller ID.

Bell landline or cell? What about Rogers/Fido/Chatr? Or even Virgin/Lucky under Bell? Or try calling from a voip service.

HI@norm144   If all Bell customers have issue showing up the phone number, then it could either be PM's or Bell's problem

Start with PM , open ticket with CS agent and see what they say.  You might later need to ask a Bell friend to open a Bell ticket as well.  But start with PM

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

norm144
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Calls from any bell customer to my cell. My wife and myself public mobile see name displayed. Friends on bell show private number. I know they are not blocking me. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There was a customer that had a similar problem a few days ago of landlines showing as private number. Are you getting calls from a landline? Or is this all calls from any service?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @norm144   

People just hide their number

If it is professional spam caller, they have system to automatically hide it

Normal users can also dial *67 before calling the number to hide it on the caller id

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@norm144  That’s has to do with caller having there number being private . You can make yours that way if you choose too .. my experience thou is once you do no one answers your call 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely because callers decided not to provide number. Nothing to do about that...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@norm144  sorry, not something you can choose. 

When a person call something, they can choose to hide the phone number.   If they have chosen that, the one receiving the call cannot do anything to retrieve the number

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@norm144  That’s the callers choice to do that.. you can’t change it 

Need Help? Let's chat.