cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Consider/Trust Public Mobile's Loyalty Rewards If They Just Raise Prices To Nullify Them?

PublicMobile21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the $10 for 50 mins/50 messages plan (now discontinued but grandfathered) & old loyalty program ($2 off for autopay, $1 off per year of loyalty - also now discontinued but grandfathered) & just got an e-mail at 12:04pm EST Mar. 4th, 2022 saying my plan rate is going up $3 from $10 to $13 on Apr. 28th, 2022.

This is garbage. PM lures in users with the low cost plan & loyalty rewards then discontinues both & declares war on the grandfathered users by wiping out my 3 years of loyalty $3 discount with a $3 price increase.

Seems like shady tactics to get around needing to honour loyalty rewards they used to lure in customers so I ask - why should anyone trust or even consider Public Mobile's loyalty rewards program when signing up if once you accrue any they make sure to nullify it with price increases? Surprised this is legal, seems like delayed false advertising.

37 REPLIES 37

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't think the text is unlimited.. I have tried years ago.. yes, no one text anymore.. 

PublicMobile21

Really, you can keep texting once you hit the limit? (& without overage charges?)

Mcchen

@PublicMobile21 yeah, try it lol.

PublicMobile21

No, to clarify - I am getting $2 off my bill from autopay & another $3 off for loyalty (at a rate of $1 per year of loyalty, I've been loyal for 3 years), but the $3/3 years of loyalty discount off my monthly bill has been effectively wiped out by the new service price increase of $3.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

The $10 plan only has 50 outgoing texts. It stops. You can however send unlimited texts via MMS and turn on your data even if you don't have available data.

There have never been overage charges here.

@PublicMobile21, thanks for the clarification I read your original post as $1 loyalty and flew past the per year portion.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@z10user4     If customers have to pay $13 going forward then there should be no need to use workarounds to get unlimited texting on a discontinued plan. 

@dabr : ?? I don't get it. The only option for unlimited texting is the $15 plan. Are you saying they should open up unlimited texting in the $10 plan? Fine suggestion but good luck with that. 🙂

@z10user4   For 30% increase in price, yes that's what PM should be doing.  After all, it would still only have 50 mins in/out unlike the $15 plan.  No, I'm not expecting PM to do that though.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I use texts. 🙂

How do you know that it is more than 50 texts even though it says 50? (I’m not taking about MMS) 

Thanks