cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Consider/Trust Public Mobile's Loyalty Rewards If They Just Raise Prices To Nullify Them?

PublicMobile21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the $10 for 50 mins/50 messages plan (now discontinued but grandfathered) & old loyalty program ($2 off for autopay, $1 off per year of loyalty - also now discontinued but grandfathered) & just got an e-mail at 12:04pm EST Mar. 4th, 2022 saying my plan rate is going up $3 from $10 to $13 on Apr. 28th, 2022.

This is garbage. PM lures in users with the low cost plan & loyalty rewards then discontinues both & declares war on the grandfathered users by wiping out my 3 years of loyalty $3 discount with a $3 price increase.

Seems like shady tactics to get around needing to honour loyalty rewards they used to lure in customers so I ask - why should anyone trust or even consider Public Mobile's loyalty rewards program when signing up if once you accrue any they make sure to nullify it with price increases? Surprised this is legal, seems like delayed false advertising.

37 REPLIES 37

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicMobile21, I agree that the price increase sucks.  If you have been here 3 years you should be getting $2 loyalty reward so if you are only getting $1 you might want to look into that.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

StillWaters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is complete garbage, and possibly illegal. If they have singled out only the $10 plan clients for the price increase, and are leaving all the other plans with no price increase, then they can not claim a cost of service increase as the reason for the price increase, because only those who are currently on the $10 plan would be absorbing the increase of the cost of service. Targeting only one group to pay for an increase in costs incurred by Public Mobile to provide cell service to all plan holders may be frowned upon by a judicial review.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you think they are going to increase $15 plan in near future?

PublicMobile21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand. But actually I can also do something else - complain publicly (this is "Public" Mobile right) about it in the hopes of exposing this company's tactics to new customers. Negative feedback reversed the national-to-provincewide plans rollout (though sadly that's been re-reversed now I see).

In short though yes it seems the "Loyalty" designation in the rewards program was a misnomer.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Totally disappointing move from PM.  That's a ridiculous increase for a plan that doesn't even offer unlimited texting. 

I guess they think most customers will move upto the $15 plan for a difference of $2 now even though this plan was only being used by customers who had minimal phone usage in the first place.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

with this 30% price increase, the customer cannot do anything about it, you can either choose to accept or move to other carrier. The customer rep. just saying we already give you notices before price increase, and you can move or stay whatever they don't care. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicMobile21   Sad truth is, you cannot get a $13 anywhere else.

And, maybe you should "honour" PM by paying $2 more for the $15 plan for its better value.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.