cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the first day of the 10 day US bundle? Can I buy it in US?

yanxi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Which is the first day of the 10 day US bundle? Is it the day I purchase it, or the first day I arrive to US? Can I buy it in US? If I only buy data, can I receive calls or messages? Or do I need to buy minutes and texts to receive them? Thank you very much! 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

yanxi

Thank you very much!😄

@yanxi you can buy data roaming.  With that you won't receive phone calls and cannot make calls.  Yiu can however receive text, just you cannot send text

Workaround,  download VOIP app TextNNow and you call and text using the app on another phone number 

yanxi

So if I buy data without minutes and texts, I can receive texts, but can't receive phone calls? hairbag1 said the phone call was not reliable, so I'm a little worried. Thank you very much!

@smp99- I don't believe the ending at midnight to be true. I'm quite certain the feature stops at 240 hours. I seem to remember that from the last time I had used roaming. I'm using roaming now and have a few days left. I'm expecting it to stop at a certain hour of the day...240 hours after I bought it.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi

The 10 days is not quite 240 hours. It will stop at midnight on the 10th day. Think of it this way. You buy the add on it should work right away. It will stop after 10 strokes of midnight. So if you buy at 11pm, you could get almost a full day more if you buy 90mins later

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's really actually 240 hours. It starts the moment you complete the purchase. You can dial 611 when connected to T-Mobile. Or from another phone that can dial a toll free number - 1-855-4pu-blic. And of course logging in to the account either normally or through the chatbot. You can receive texts in the states without an add-on. You will need talk to call in or out and text to text out.

@gpixel wrote:

@yanxi 

yes if you connect to wifi or hotspot. you can purchase it whenever you like. you can also call 611 just before you cross the border and purchase an add-on through there

I think if you have 2G T-Mobile coverage in your planned area of the USA, you may also be able to dial 611 to purchase the add-on by phone while in the USA as well. Though still better to do while in Canada where you know voice service works reliably.

@yanxi...

I've bought the 10 Day US Roaming add-on while I was in USA at Walmart...used their free wifi. Most motels have free wifi too.

The data and text add-ons seem to be reliable, whereas many complaints from customers saying the talk add-on is very unreliable now.

@yanxi 

yes if you connect to wifi or hotspot. you can purchase it whenever you like. you can also call 611 just before you cross the border and purchase an add-on through there

yanxi

So I can buy it when I arrive the US? Thank you very much!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yanxi   All PM roaming add-ons have 10 days expiry.  The 10 days, 240 hours, countdown starts from the moment the purchase is made successfully.  So, wait till you really need it and buy.  You can login from any Wifi to My Account, make the purchase , reboot the phone and start using it

Make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile, and make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone (if you are buying data roaming)

Need Help? Let's chat.