cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which data gets used first if you buy data addon?

agrawalankit7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you purchased 4g lte addon and then your plan renews and you have the 3g data. Which one would be used first if you phone data is on.

5 REPLIES 5

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 it will be 3g speed because the bonus data is 3g

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR Ok so I have the $15 plan. The plan has 100mins of talk, unlimited texting. The plan does not include data, BUT I use autopay, so it gives me 250MB of data. If I buy a data add-on will it be 3G or 4G LTE speed? I don’t really know because my plan does not include data but I have autopay so I do, this is a bit confusing, I hope you understand my situation.

@agrawalankit7 wrote:

If you purchased 4g lte addon and then your plan renews and you have the 3g data. Which one would be used first if you phone data is on.

There's no such thing as an LTE data add-on. Your data speed is set by your base plan.  The $30 offering for 1GB of 4g LTE data is a stand alone plan and cannot be added on top of a another plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@agrawalankit7 wrote:

You plan data is always used first and then the add-on will used.  I believe the add-on data will also default to the same speed that you have in your plan.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@agrawalankit7  it uses the in plan first, the the add on.  Also if you have 3g data in your plan the your data add on will also 3g speed 

Need Help? Let's chat.