cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the $15 for 15 days Add-On for US minutes & text?

Saratoga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in the US for 30 days. I purchased the first 15 day talk/text plan when I left Canada for $15. I’m looking to renew another 15 days for the balance of my stay but the add on option appears to be gone … I can only find a “bundle” of data & minutes for $30 but I don’t need any data. Is this a glitch on the website? It was on the website when I checked yesterday but would not let me purchase another 15 days until my final day of the existing package expired…. Today, the ad-on appears to have disappeared … very frustrating! Is this a temporary website glitch? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Saratoga

Just to close the loop on this thread. I’m back up & running with the US Roaming Talk/Text 15 day add-on thanks to back end help from public mobile support. Total time from when I submitted the ticket to when it was resolved was about 1 hour. Total downtime from the point I realized the option to renew the ad-on had vanished to the point I was back up was about 2.5hrs. I used the direct link to support provided by Softech below to submit the ticket. Public mobile support jumped on it quickly which was great. Just wish they’d correct the issue so I didn’t require their assistance in the first place … after all, it’s supposed to be a self-serve interface 🙄

Yup, it's ridiculous. It's been that way as long as I can remember. The wait might be 12 hours. That would require some testing at the risk of having to ask support anyway. My thinking is that as soon as the 0/15 itself disappears that that is when one can re-buy. But I haven't tested that.

Saratoga

Thank you for this - I’ve submitted a request to support. It seems so crazy that after the ad-on expires & the functionality stops, you can’t purchase another ad-on for what appears to be random period of time. In the meantime, you’re still traveling with no ability to make or receive calls on your published number. It never occurred to me that this limitation would exist.

Saratoga

Thanks - ya I didn’t anticipate it would be a problem trying to buy the additional 15 days. It was at 1 day remaining yesterday & has definitely expired as of this morning but there’s no longer an option available to me to ad on another 15 days. So I guess I’ll try the support option as I can’t have no coverage for 24+ hours while I wait for the option to magically appear … ugh. Sure appreciate all the fast responses from everyone though. That’s awesome! 

@Saratoga  You can keep track of your add ons here also 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1675712516024.png

For most up to date account info

If it expired this morning, @Saratoga , you have about a half a day wait left before you can re-purchase the same one. (well, depending on what time zone you’re in in the US, might be more than half a day. 😉)

You could either do that or ask customer support, and they may get to it in the next few hours.

Saratoga

Thank you for the reply … maybe that is it. The option is not available for me when I look in US roaming options. The only option visible to me is the 15 day bundle option of 3GB data w/ minutes & text. My original 15 day package expired this morning I believe.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The re-buying of roaming is the worst part about roaming. Try the little spinner refresh icon under the Shop Add-ons button to see if anything shows up. Also tell us if you have a balance on your account.

The previous has to go to 0/15 and then to do it yourself you would need to do the already mentioned wait. Or as already mentioned, support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Saratoga   was the first option of the 15 days just expired?   Usually you need to wait a full 24 hours, before you can re-buy the exact same roaming addon 

If you don't want to wait, open ticket with PM support and ask them to re-buy it for you

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Saratoga  You can’t pick same roaming bundle until the first has ended with 12-24 hour delay has to be another one or you ca get support to do it for you 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It should be under your choice of add-ons. Look for US roaming options and you will see it there.

if you want to add the same add on, you need to ask customer support as there is a waiting period of about 24 hours after the first one expires when purchasing the identical one.

I know, it’s stupid.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.