cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I unsubscribe from Public Mobile text offers?

dixonpete
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hate generally text messages especially when they are basically ads.

9 REPLIES 9

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite super idea!

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Keep in mind that there was quite a hullabaloo a few weeks back about people who were very upset that they didn't get text message from PM about the Koodo offers. They had the number blocked, or had unsubscribed. Not a big deal for those of us who frequent the community because we'll hear about it anyway. But for those who don't come here, the PM texts are the only way for them to discover the deals.

GC

Yes, but I think, and have suggested, that "official" notifications from Public Mobile should be sent by email to the account email address. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GreatCanadian

Keep in mind that there was quite a hullabaloo a few weeks back about people who were very upset that they didn't get text message from PM about the Koodo offers. They had the number blocked, or had unsubscribed. Not a big deal for those of us who frequent the community because we'll hear about it anyway. But for those who don't come here, the PM texts are the only way for them to discover the deals.

GC

Nickwood247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all you have to do is go into your phones seting and block thebnunber who is contacting you hope this helps

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

People are rather sensitive to these text messages.  My suggestion would be to blacklist at the app level.  There may be a change of heart in the future.  Having control over when to unblock would be nice.

GreatCanadian

Received one to day. It states "To be excluded from Public Mobile offers and deals reply unsubscribe."

It's usually written how to unsubscribe at the end of the text.

Mine says to reply "STOP".

GreatCanadian

I know for some of the messages you can unsubscribe just by replying "Unsubscribe"

GC

jp2

Just block the sender in your settings

Need Help? Let's chat.