cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the my monthly bill and get a refund?

ajf889
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was charged more this month and I have no idea why?  I'm not used to not being able to contact the company directly as I was with Virgin for years before switching to Public just over two ago months now...

Also, who would I complain to about being overcharged this month and get it dealt with as I would really like a refund or at least a credit??

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Andrew

10 REPLIES 10

@ajf889 wrote:

My plan with Public is $35 less the $2 autopay credit which would bring my plan down to $33 a month plus taxes of course.  I think the taxes are for the full amount of $35 dollars but I can't be certain about that.

@ajf889   PM always add tax to the amount AFTER rewards were applied and not on the full plan price

Do you mind to login to My Account and check the Transaction log?  If you can screenshot the last 2 months for us for comparison maybe we can find out where is there a $2.24 extra

ajf889

My plan with Public is $35 less the $2 autopay credit which would bring my plan down to $33 a month plus taxes of course.  I think the taxes are for the full amount of $35 dollars but I can't be certain about that.

Thanks for your reply, I hope I'll get somewhere with the link darlicious provided above.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ajf889  - we are all customers and members like you here on the Public Forum. We are not Public Mobile representatives that have access to your account.

Public Mobile representatives are called Customer Support Agents (CSA), and can only be contacted by two methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If you can provide what you see in the link that @softech  provided it may help identify the discrepancy you are seeing.

@ajf889 

Sounds to me like the amount you believe you were overcharged represents the applicable provincial tax against public mobile services.

Remember, the amount of the plan is net before taxes.

Could that be what the amount represents?

Alternatively, it's possible what you're seeing is the auto-pay value being set back to its normal $2 per cycle amount. When a new customer activates, their auto-pay reward does not apply against the activation charge... it doubles up on the second cycle as a $4 credit.   

Following that, it falls back down to the normal $2 per cycle credit. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ajf889 

Did you suspend your account using lost/stolen at any point? Do you see your $2 autopay reward in your transaction history? If you used lost/stolen it causes a glitch of your rewards not applying upon renewal. You will have to contact customer support and ask for it to be applied manually.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajf889 : Ok so you're talking about it appearing on your payment card. For our purposes that is $2 in BC. $2 is likely the autopay reward. Did you possibly use the lost/stolen function after the last renewal? Do you have the autopay toggled on?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ajf889 

How much more were you over-charged?

Did you include the taxes to your monthly plan?

If you were double charge then you can get a credit by contacting the CS_Agent by private messaging and click on the envelope icon on top of this page.

ajf889

My bill was overcharged 2.24, I know it's not a lot but I shouldn't be paying that.  Thanks in advance for your replies Maire.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajf889 : Maybe we can help you get to the bottom of it. Can you post screenshots of your View Payment History pages going back to when you found the problem or from the start..

Did you have troubles activating at first?

Are you seeing these charges in your account here or on your payment card or both?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ajf889 

How much overcharged?  Double the charge that it should? or just a bit more?

Did you check the transaction history  (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/)  in My Account and confirm if that charges show there?

And remember whatever you see on the Transition history do not include tax.  So, it might shows $25 on the Transaction History but the credit card would post $25+tax  

Provide us more information and we will try to help

Need Help? Let's chat.