cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my credits be applied?

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello!

I just bought my PM SIM card about two hours ago at WalMart, activated and stuck that bad boy in my phone, and I have to say I am extremely impressed by the service so far. Looking forward to being a long-term customer. 

Just a couple of questions, I was offered the following bonuses when activating:

- $2 auto pay credit (30 days)

- $25 refer a friend bonus as someone referred me

- $10/month off for 6 months 

Now, I have been charged full price for the first month which I assume is normal, and then I got the $2 credit applied to my account which I now have as a balance. However, I wanted to know when I can expect the $10 off and the $25 credit to be applied? 

Also one last question, is there any way to get the pre-built plans on a 90-day term instead of 30 days? I wanted the benefit of pooling my data for a longer period of time as I got 5GB and I use pretty close to that each month but am usually under. 

Thank you all in advance 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

steff12321
Yeah not sure what's up with Walmart, I told them that they are listed as a retailer where you can purchase a SIM on the PM website, but despite that it took a bit of arguing and sweet talking to convince him to sell it. Guess they're just in it for the commissions off each activation.

countonalex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

walmart didn't want to sell me a sim card either... so i went to wow mobile and they did (square one).

thankfully i went to wowmobile so i could take advantage of the $25/referral rather than the $10 one. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous Thank you for the info, unfortunate that the pre-built plans are only available with 30-day option, but considering the great prices, I won't complain. 

I bought the SIM card at WalMart and the sales rep didn't want to sell it without activating in store, as apparently these SIMs are in high demand. I managed to convince him to sell it to me without activation though, so I activated online and entered the referral info to get the bonus.

Just wanted to make sure everything was okay since I got one credit but not the other two.  

Oh excellent then. You're getting it all. Well done on convincing them to sell you just the SIM.

I was going by your wording of "I was offered" so concluded from that that you had activated in store.

steff12321

@Anonymous Thank you for the info, unfortunate that the pre-built plans are only available with 30-day option, but considering the great prices, I won't complain. 

I bought the SIM card at WalMart and the sales rep didn't want to sell it without activating in store, as apparently these SIMs are in high demand. I managed to convince him to sell it to me without activation though, so I activated online and entered the referral info to get the bonus.

Just wanted to make sure everything was okay since I got one credit but not the other two.  

@steff12321, the information above that I will quote below, mentions that you needed to activate at home, rather than in store.  Where did you do the activation?  The $25 friend referral had to be done at home to received, where the other two (autopay and $10/6mo) could be done in either.

@shartomjam wrote:

Your $10 a month for 6 months will show up each month before renewal.  The $25 refer a friend credit will show up within 72 hours but only if you activated at home and not instore. These amounts will show in self serve as Available Funds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

Hello!

I just bought my PM SIM card about two hours ago at WalMart, activated and stuck that bad boy in my phone, and I have to say I am extremely impressed by the service so far. Looking forward to being a long-term customer. 

Just a couple of questions, I was offered the following bonuses when activating:

- $2 auto pay credit (30 days)

- $25 refer a friend bonus as someone referred me

- $10/month off for 6 months 

Now, I have been charged full price for the first month which I assume is normal, and then I got the $2 credit applied to my account which I now have as a balance. However, I wanted to know when I can expect the $10 off and the $25 credit to be applied? 

Also one last question, is there any way to get the pre-built plans on a 90-day term instead of 30 days? I wanted the benefit of pooling my data for a longer period of time as I got 5GB and I use pretty close to that each month but am usually under. 

Thank you all in advance 🙂

Everybody's right except what might become an incorrect expectation. You seemed to have said that you did everything in Walmart. You won't get the $25 credit then. That's an online promo. But you'll get the standard $10 refer-a-friend credit and your friend will get $1/30 day reward. The rest is right.

As for pre-built 90 day plans...no. But you can use the plan builder and the promo is valid for that. But you're too late unless you want to lose what you just paid for the 30 day plan you got. But maybe if you ask real nice the moderators might flip it around for you. You still need to hit at least a $90 plan.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@steff12321  The $25 credit should show up within 72 hours after you activate your account. The $10/30 days bonus may not show up until closer to your renewal date, it will show up automatically as a credit on your account and gets applied to months 2-7. The $2 autopay reward will also show up as a credit within a few days of your renewal date, but will remain under your Rewards section as long as you have it set up.

So you know, the day before your plan renews your account will show as expired/suspended, it will change back to active within a few hours of payment going through. That is normal as long as your phone keeps working, there's only a problem if you stop getting service.

Dianapayne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ur welcome!

steff12321

Thank you!

Dianapayne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Usually get the credits applied to accounts with 72 hours

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your $10 a month for 6 months will show up each month before renewal.  The $25 refer a friend credit will show up within 72 hours but only if you activated at home and not instore. These amounts will show in self serve as Available Funds.

Need Help? Let's chat.