cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do I add the referral?

Hus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am trying to activate my SIM card and I don’t see the option « if you pay with your credit card you pay 2$less » or « enter a referral code » is that normal? I am choosing the 15$ plan. So the total shows 17.25$. No way to enter that referral code?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

The 5% back on the $15 plan=0.75pts ($0.75). But currently there is an additional promotion that gives new customers 3× the points back that equals 15% back in points. On the $15 plan that will equal 2.25pts=$2.25. to make the most out of this promotion I would suggest you save up all your accumulated earned points until the promotion ends after 12 months before you redeem them for add-ons or Bill credits so that you earn the maximum rewards possible on all payments as you do not get points back on redemptions.

After one year you will have earned a minimum of 27pts (get back)+5pts (welcome gift) +10pts (1 year anniversary)=42pts (=$42).

Redeeming for nearly all add-ons will save you an additional 25% to 50% off the cost of purchasing the same add-on. For example the $15 / 1 GB data add-on is only 10 points in the redemption catalogue saving you the equivalent of $5 if purchased through your self serve account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

While this is a bonus referral credit promotion it is not a promo code that is to be entered it is just the referral code from your friend or to your friend to receive the bonus $25 referral credit (5 months×$5) each. The person that is activating a new account will also receive the $10 bonus referral credit. This will usually show up the next day but within 72 hours.

If the person that is doing the referring is on the old rewards program they will see the $1 reward show up in the rewards account immediately after activation and the last four digits of their referral's phone number will also appear in their rewards account. (Edit:)>>If the referrer is on the points program they will see the one point show up upon renewal in their points account.

There is only one bonus referral credit allowed per referring customer. But if the person who just activated can refer someone in the next 3 days they can earn an additional $25 credit by sharing their referral code with a friend who wants to activate.

At the moment the minimum plan amount that could use a promo code is the $25 plan which can use the promo code 12MONTHS2GB for two extra gigabytes of monthly recurring plan data for the next 12 months (that can be seen in my screenshot above).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Hus   You just need to use your friend's referral code and both of you will qualify for the $25 account credit ($5/cycle paid out over 5 months of active service).   You will also receive $10 regular RAF within 72 hours of activation but the other referral reward won't start until next month most likely.

edit: there is no code to enter for that promo.

Hus

That’s great! Now I am stuck between friend referral code and promo code. Is this the friend referral? Or promo

9AC93335-606A-41FE-9ED7-06CABDF6CD1B.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

At it here before you get to the section where you add your credit card information.

Screenshot_20220926-214129~2.png

Hus

And for the 15$ dollar option how much does that make? (The 5%) 

Hus

I don’t see that box for promotions hmm..

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

You enter the referral code on page 4.

Please note under the new Points system, you will not get the $2 credit/month for AutoPay. You will get 5% in points for your monthly payment now.

The total of $17.25 is for your $15 plan plus all taxes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hus in Step 3 of the activation process,  there is a bix for promotion code and another box for Friend Referral code

For the $2 autopay discount, that is gone now.  Instead, you will get 5% back in Points.  Once you collected 15 points ,  you can redeem for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.