cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Installation on new number

mahamimran869
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I have recently changed my number as we moved to a different province. My previous number was also from Public Mobile. I am trying to install Whatsapp and not getting a verification code. It keeps saying "use your other phone to confirm moving whatsapp to this one". I tried uninstalling Whatsapp and reinstalling it but it does not resolve this issue. Any help will be highly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

mahamimran869

Thanks everone for your help/advices. The issue is resolved. I recvd a call and got a code that enabled me to install Whatsapp.

@mahamimran869  you said this a new phone number?  is incoming and outgoing calls working already?  do you see the phone connected to PM network while you setup Whatsapp?  It almost seems like you are setting it up on a Wifi only device with no connection to an active number

and When you got this new number?

mahamimran869

Did that a couple of times ,,,,  same result ""use your other phone to confirm moving whatsapp to this one"

@mahamimran869   it has an option "Need help getting a code?" below it, can you click on that?

@mahamimran869 does it give you the option to call you instead of text?

Does the 2FA SMS from here work? Email 2FA? Can whatsapp send to a different number just so that it knows you're you to verify? Do you have another number on another phone to try? Maybe the message is the clue.

@mahamimran869 wrote:

Challenge is, there is no Whatsapp on my phone yet, coz when my first few attempts didnt work, I uninstalled it and now reinstalling assuming this would do the trick but it does not ,,,, and I am now stuck with Whatsapp installation. As you install whatsapp, it asks for your number to send you a code, this is where it happens that I dont get a code and this message appears ""use your other phone to confirm moving whatsapp to this one".

After uninstall WhatsApp, power off the phone, wait a couple minutes then reboot the phone and reinstall WhatsApp.

mahamimran869

Challenge is, there is no Whatsapp on my phone yet, coz when my first few attempts didnt work, I uninstalled it and now reinstalling assuming this would do the trick but it does not ,,,, and I am now stuck with Whatsapp installation. As you install whatsapp, it asks for your number to send you a code, this is where it happens that I dont get a code and this message appears ""use your other phone to confirm moving whatsapp to this one".

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@mahamimran869 wrote:

Hi - I have recently changed my number as we moved to a different province. My previous number was also from Public Mobile. I am trying to install Whatsapp and not getting a verification code. It keeps saying "use your other phone to confirm moving whatsapp to this one". I tried uninstalling Whatsapp and reinstalling it but it does not resolve this issue. Any help will be highly appreciated.

1. Open WhatsApp.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Account > Change number > NEXT.
  3. Enter your old phone number in the first field and your new phone number in the second field, both in full international format.
  4. Tap DONE.
  5. You'll then be prompted to register your new phone number.

mahamimran869

Yes, not getting a verification code .... as soon as I key in my phone number .... i get the message i have mentioned above

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mahamimran869   are you using the Change phone number option on Whatsapp?

Maybe this help?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/1453966405114912

@mahamimran869 wrote:

Are you saying that you're not getting the text message? Otherwise, changing the phone number associated with yoru Whatsapp account is matter to be taken up with Whatsapp customer service.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No support at WhatsApp? Forum? Google? I guess this thread would be headed for the lounge.

Need Help? Let's chat.