cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the best plan for me?

vibarmarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys!

I recently just dropped my plan with koodo because their plans were just ridiculously high, Im new to everything about public mobile so I'd like to ask a few questions (and please do not hesitate to be honest, I need to know all the pros and cons)

1. I want to know what the best plan is for me; I use data-like a lot. I drive so I need my phone to navigate me and its just easier for me to look up places. I also need talk and text but only within my province really, dont care for US or canada wide tbh. I dont need unlimited calls either/ unless public mobile offers an unlimited calls after evenings or sumn. I need it to be afforable too.

2. Whats the difference between 3G and LTE, im not an expert at this but 3G is cheaper so im leaning towards it..

3. Im curious to know more facts about this service, its really intriguing to me so yeah 🙂

THANKS Y'ALL

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vibarmarie 

In addition to what other members already discussed,

1.  PM plans are prepaid plans.  Prepaid plan does not have refund in Canada including PM.  

2.  PM does not have call center.  Support is provided by forum moderators.  Wait time is up to 48 hours.  When they are busy, the wait time may be longer.  Therefore, there is a chance that you are without mobile service for a few days.  PM is not for people running a business or people's job is depending on a working phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vibarmarie wrote:

Hey guys!

I recently just dropped my plan with koodo because their plans were just ridiculously high, Im new to everything about public mobile so I'd like to ask a few questions (and please do not hesitate to be honest, I need to know all the pros and cons)

1. I want to know what the best plan is for me; I use data-like a lot. I drive so I need my phone to navigate me and its just easier for me to look up places. I also need talk and text but only within my province really, dont care for US or canada wide tbh. I dont need unlimited calls either/ unless public mobile offers an unlimited calls after evenings or sumn. I need it to be afforable too.

Plans for you:

1.  5GB $40.00 (30 days)
  2.  8.5GB $50.00 (30 days)

2. Whats the difference between 3G and LTE, im not an expert at this but 3G is cheaper so im leaning towards it..

From what you describe LTE Lite (3G) is fine. LTE is needed if you stream a lot.

3. Im curious to know more facts about this service, its really intriguing to me so yeah 🙂

Checking out the Knowledge base articles and this community is a great start.

THANKS Y'ALL

@vibarmarie  Koodo and Public Mobile use the same network.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vibarmarie, all the Public Mobile plans come with unlimited talk and text, except for a couple of minimalist plans which doesn't suit your need for lots of data.  The plan with the largest data bucket is $50 for 8.5GB.  The data is throttled LTE data at 3 mbits/s upload and download or if the phone is placed on 3G the speed is full speed 3G which can yield download speeds in the 20 mbits/s range depending on local network conditions.  Generally, there is no complaints about data speed being a major hindrance.  Anyway if 8.5GB is not enough, this service is not for you.  The cost for add-on data is punitive. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vibarmarie 

Examine your data usage over say the last year and figure out your average per month. Then find a plan here to match that. Texting is pretty much all unlimited to anywhere. The larger data plans will have Canada-wide anyway. So yeah...just figure out your data needs and then other features will follow along.

The so-called 3G here is really LTE throttled down to 3mbps speed. Don't worry about it. It's fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.