cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen switching my plan over?

bkenney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I currently have an older plan, a $35/month for 3gb 3g that I pay $32 a month due to $1 loyalty and $2 autopay. I also have a 2GB never expire add on so the end result is I pay $32/month for 5gb 3g speeds. 

As of now there are $35/month for 3gb 4g speeds which is the same plan but faster data. What will I lose if I switch over? Autopay loyalty doesn't exist anymore (is this new point system the same $2/month discount?) and will I lose my 2gb non expiring add on? I am hoping making the switch would mean $32/month for 5gb of data (3gb at 4g and 2gb at 3g) instead of my current $32/month for 5gb 3g speeds

Edit: I understand now the points will be the same, I am looking for confirmation if my 2gb reoccurring bonus from activation will stay or not

Edit 2: my 2gb non recurring bonus falls under "promotional" and not add ons

22 REPLIES 22

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bkenney   Is the 4G speed important to you since changing plans will lose your bonus data? 

You do have the choice to pay $30/3GB but still at 3G speeds but save $5/cycle in the process or, as mentioned previously, pay $5/cycle more for 15GB/$40 at 4G speeds, but in both cases will lose the bonus data.

HI all, 

I think someone said before, that Senior staff confirmed that they can move plan as long as same or above the price range. that message is for that particular promotion only, it does not apply to other promotion 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc   I should have clarified that the old wording used to say if one stayed with the same price/higher, but obviously your case has proved that's not case since you lost the bonus data.   Thanks for confirming.

@dust2dust   Yes, I do recall a senior level staff (Melinda?) confirming that, but obviously PM, since that time, have been more vague about these things, perhaps deliberately, who knows, but at least we now have confirmation that doesn't apply.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr  Cost wise it was lateral, for me it was an upgrade. 🙂  I moved from the $35 3GB+2GB, 3G speed to $35 20GB, 4G speed for 15 months.  I don't know whether PM considers this upgrade/downgrade/lateral. 🙂

@dabr- iirc the community manager had confirmed that changing from 3G speed to 4G speed will lose the promo even though the dollar value went up. iirc changing inside of each speed staying above the price threshold should be safe. Should be. Famous last words.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc   Did you upgrade or downgrade the plan from $35?  I'm wondering if it makes a difference as at one time upgrading didn't lose any bonus data but it's become a lot murkier over the last couple of years, especially since senior staff from PM have refused to clarify one or other. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bkenney  You will lose the 2GB bonus and will keep your rewards unless you upgrade to the new points rewards plan.  I had this same (3GB+2GB unlimited, 3G speed for $35) plan which I just changed in Dec.

It sounds like you got this promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

The standard boilerplate wording has always been that if you change the plan you lose the recurring data. iirc reports here have said that that is true. (Sometimes the company says one thing but in reality it's another.)

@bkenney   yes, it is found under Promotions, so, it will be gone after you change plan.

So, you need to stay with the current plan

bkenney

I double checked and it falls under promotion not add ons. So I believe you are correct.

bkenney

Appreciate the response, but is there anywhere to confirm this? 50% say it is fine and 50% say it is not

bkenney

Well this seems confusing from my end. 50% are saying my reoccurring bonus will disappear and 50% of responses say it will not. I am not sure who to believe now.

bkenney

A bit unfortunate, but I'm sure eventually the $35/month 4g plan will increase in data maybe 5gb within the next 5 years

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you change plan all rewards and add-ons stay on your account as rewards are tied up with your account not plan.

@bkenney 

Yes it will reoccurring to your account.

@bkenney wrote:

It is a reoccurring bonus from my activation. I do not want to lose it!

HI @bkenney   sorry, then you shouldn't change the plan  😞

bkenney

That includes my 2gb reoccurring add on from activation?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bkenney 

You will not loss your rewards (ie. $2 autopay, $1 loyalty).  However, you will likely lose your 2GB data bonus add on (permanent).  The conditions of that promotion is as long as you keep the same plan, you will keep that monthly 2GB add on.  However, if you switch plans, you will lose that monthly bonus add on. 

FYI, there is a $40/month promo plan for 15 GB of LTE data per month.  Not sure if that interests you.  

bkenney

It is a reoccurring bonus from my activation. I do not want to lose it!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bkenney   

Be careful!!. you said you hope to get 5gb of data (3gb at 4g and 2gb at 3g) , so  Is your 2GB a recurring bonus from activation?  if it was, then that 2GB bonus will be gone after the plan change

If your 2GB is a one time bonus, (not recurring) , then you won't loss it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bkenney 

Everything will remain same when your switch your plan over to 3G or 4G. Your $3 rewards with switch over to the new plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bkenney  You will not lose your rewards for changing plans there tied to your account not your plan so go ahead and pick a plan that suits you best 

Need Help? Let's chat.