cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my self serve account?

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is going on with my self serve account? I logged in and unsuspended my account through lost/stolen so I could reactivate before day 90 which is tomorrow August 30th. I checked my bill which showed $35- $5 discount amount owing $30. I have a balance of $58 I clicked on reactivate your account then my bill showed up say I owed $35 and my promotional discount disappeared.

Rather than worry about the $5 at this point I figured I could just contact customer support for it I paid my bill. The $35 deducted from my $58 leaving me with $23. I downloaded my receipt and I took a screenshot of my receipt. I got a warning saying your account may not update right away. So I logged out all is good.

A couple of hours later I log back in I'm still suspended and now there's still $58 in my available funds? It now shows my deactivation date as August 30th when there was no deactivation date previously.

What the hell is going on? Had I not logged back in I would have assumed that I have reactivated my account? And now it's not letting me pay and I cannot access my payment history? What a freaking mess! What the hell happened to the old self serve accounts? Who came up with this new design? Let this serve as a warning to others coming up on their 90th day of suspension!!!

14 REPLIES 14

jivetalker

Thank you. I will check in when you forward the link and see if this gets fixed by Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jivetalker 

I get that all the time? Mostly on my referrals accounts that I manage (since mine are covered by rewards). I don't know if it's a glitch or not or if it's been like this all the time since tbe new accounts were rolled out in July. I will link my thread for you later when I have time....

jivetalker

??

I did say everything went smoothly except the invoice says I paid $0.00.

@jivetalker  could be a gltich

let's try this:

Login My Account using Incognito mode again

Check if the account status is now Active

Check if the Plan cycle date is correct, start from the date reactivate

Check Payment page to see if PM charged the correct amount on the date you reactivate

jivetalker

Hello again,

I thought I would update my latest reactivation as I decided to change plans so everything went smoothly except my invoice that I downloaded says amount paid $0.00. The payment was successful, new plan shows in the account and its active. The invoice is useless and is the same as last time when I couldn't reactivate and it was $0.00. Do other customers have this issue?

By the way I unmarked the solution since I didn't choose it and I had already said that I had contacted customer support in my original post.

Which is why we often see people mentioning reactivating at say day 85 for this very reason. But agreed, the system is terrible at caching and not updating leading to mistakes and possible negative reactions. Completely embarrassing. If I were the boss heads would have rolled at how awful a roll out this was and still is. I haven't seen or heard of any corrections to the worst things so I really don't think they care or they think it's settled and won't do any other changes.

jivetalker

Well there was no explanation as to why I was able to download a receipt and it appeared as though my account reactivated but it is now an active account and I can view my payment history. However I would not want someone else to go through this on day 89/90.

What recording do you get when you dial 611? If it wants money then you're still suspended. If it gives you your balance and a next renewal date then you should be working. If it says invalid then maybe you just missed the 90 days. If you can login to your account then you seemed to have not missed the 90 days. When the account deactivates, you can't anything.

jivetalker

Update:

• No active service.
  • Tried incognito and Firefox and Chrome no change.
  • Still cannot access payment history.
  • Working with an Agent now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jivetalker   reboot the phone once and check if the service is working after

Also, there is lots of cache issue with the site and what you see there might not be the updated info.  Try to use Incognito mode, of use a completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome,  and see if it shows something different.

Also, go to the Payment history page and see if there is a record of the $35 it took from your Available fund for renewal.  There should be 2 lines for that if everything works  (You should be able to access account history after using Incognito mode or other browser)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The new self serve has been a bit of nightmare on multiple fronts so since we are talking about a deactivation date of tomorrow I wouldn't wait I would reach out to a CSA right away and stay on top of that!

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jivetalker hi are your services working? if they are it could be a cache issue with your account in that case clear your cache ,try another browser in secret or incognito mode reboot your computer and sign back in ,see if that clears up your account 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@jivetalker hi yes the self serve portal is still a bit of a mess since the upgrades, I wouldn't waste to much more time contact customer support

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.