cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of nonsense is this???

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am on $15 plan. I have a $75 balance. Did I get up tooo early and check?? I can read what it says (disregard if you have enough funds)...but worst I have ever seen is Plan Expired. I am in BC and is 7:30am. And I thought payments are done midnight ish. This is appalling to see especially when my funds are prepaid for 5 months. I guess I will wait till 9 am BC time. I have prepaid intentionally to avoid the auto-pay hiccup. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.25.57 AM.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plan Expired is common glitch the site shows every renewal date.

Rest .. it says please disregard of you have enough funds in your account. So disregard. lol.

@Anonymous 

I could have sworn I had seen it say suspended but I never have accounts suspend for non-payment so I thought the messaging changed as well. Back to the drawing board I suppose....

Edit:

BTW...100 to go....🎉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then people gotta read it. It seems to be hard enough to get people to read the add-on buying steps.

And doesn't an account stay on Plan Expired after becoming fully suspended? Or else add that condition. As it is iirc it's Active, Plan Expired or Lost/stolen. So sure add a new one called Suspended.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Please disregard this message. If you have enough funds in your balance or are on Autopay and your account status is: Plan Expired. If your account status is: Suspended  (If you are on Autopay check your card expiry date and update if needed.) Make a payment to reactivate your plan...

A simple edit to the current messaging that does not require any additional coding or programming. So it should be easy and inexpensive to implement.

If we were all solicited for the new name for a MOD then perhaps the same should happen for the expired/renewal/suspend message. Developed by customers for customers. 

Ie. Your 30 day plan is about to expire (as per your renewal date mentioned below) and will renew from your balance first, if any, then from your auto pay (if it is set up and with valid credentials) other wise your account  will go into suspend status (with the 90 day suspend information and a URL to the suspend HELP page) 

Then there would be no need for the disregard message. And would the reactivate button be necessary? Some people touch buttons out of curiosity...is that a good idea to be there?

Is that not clear and understandable to every one?  It might need to be tidied up a bit. 

@AE_Collector 

@J_PM 

@CountyDownIeUk 

So yes if after the first line you added "and your account status is "Expired". Then add the additional line suggested above that explains "Suspended" status. Lol....everyone seems to understand "Active" status.🤔

@J_PM 

In addition to my original suggestion.

@darlicious 

Not really....the 30 day term has expired and is about to renew based on some conditions like balance or auto-pay will cover. 

Suspend based on every thing we hear here means it requires customer inter action to remove the suspension which is not the case in this example. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

The first line does cover "expired" in that it tells you to ignore this message but customers assume "expired" means "suspended".

@darlicious  Expired makes more sense to me....then a better explanation. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barrascuk @CountyDownIeUk 

This confusion could be avoided if the warning at the top of the overview page included the following line after "Your account has been suspended."

If you are registered for autopay and do not have enough funds in your balance (Available Funds) and you have no working services (calls/texts/data) and your account status is listed as "Suspended" then an autopay failure has occurred. Please check your cards expiry date and update your card info and/or ......"Make a payment.....etc..."

Maybe @J_PM will consider making an edit to that warning messaging.

@AE_Collector 

Wow....that makes sense. 

A better generic statement would make more sense. 

That is where I am right now this evening. Not sure why it can’t say “Plan Expired and Going Into Renewal Process” They cant say “…and Renewing” because it may not be renewing since it is Prepaid Service.

One just has to rember that it is Prepaid Service so 30 days were bought and paid for and then it expires. The ability to automatically renew with a credit card on file or sufficient funds available is just an add-on functionality to make it easier for those who want to automatically renew their plan without buying vouchers. The way it expires and then renews makes sense when you remember it isn’t a post paid contract cell plan.

AE_Collector

barrascuk

@darlicious 

I guess I should....but I don’t.....as rarely have seen anything other than Plan Expired. 

Never the less that message just should not happen when your balance  exceeds your plan cost. 

@Anonymous 

Delayed nonetheless....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Sorry...mine was the morning of the 11th. jour du Souvenir.

@Anonymous 

That makes sense as replies in this thread indicate accounts changed to active status just before noon eastern. Autopay can kick in anytime after 2am eastern to 3am. So an approximate 3 hour delay in renewals last night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : After all this time I finally did an autopay (on my now no longer dormant account). I seem to think it happened around 6 or so in the morning but now it says 2:57 as the settled timestamp. So maybe it converted from the ET of Koho to the PT of the customer (me).

@barrascuk 

I thought you knew the renewal process better than this....anyhow lately the renewal process has been running late and to add to the frustration unscheduled maintenance (like last night again) makes it difficult to check your account during renewal.

When renewals run late your service renews on time (midnight eastern) and your data/minute and/or text counters reset themselves. The renewal delay occurs at the time payment is taken from your account or charged to your autopay card which is set to occur at 2am eastern.

If you depend on autopay this can be worrisome because you have no real way of knowing if your autopay failed or if there is a delay in the renewal process other than trying to top up your account. If the system doesn't allow you to do this then you know renewals are delayed.

If you have a balance then if the system has not taken your payment then you know renewals are late. Since actual renewal failures are exceedingly rare you really have nothing to worry about. If a renewal failure does occur it would normally occur between charging your 30 DAY PLAN ($10) fee and your 100 OUTGOING MINUTES ($5) or DATA AT 3G SPEED ($15+) fee....so your transaction history will show the first charge but not the second one.

Edit: Contact customer support for your reward to be applied.

The following is a description of the normal renewal process...

Spoiler

3 days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 9pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 outgoing Minutes ......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account  that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.**

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts* from 611. The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

*Currently the rewards text is delayed by 12 hours occurring at midnight eastern.

**Any delay in the renewal process will push forward the active status or suspension process. So if your plan charges show up at 5am eastern (3 hour delay) then the active/suspended status will occur 3 hours later at 9am eastern.

barrascuk

9 am text received 

All is in order

The $2 community reward that did not show in My Account was credited. 😃

The loyalty reward moved up a $ like it should have for Dec 15 payment. 🤩

Amazing!

😂🤩🥳🤪😃🤩

Monsoon rains have subsided, wind is increasing, leaves are a flying in to my gutters that I have cleaned 3 times in the past few months. Will have to take another shot at leaf removal this after noon. 

@darlicious 

Re community reward. 

@barrascuk   this story totally make sense and not  a nonsense  🙂

Now that you have more field experience with PM, you deserve another badge:

"Plan Expired Confusion" Badge

barrascuk

@t_p wrote:

@barrascuk 

What surprises me is that's you're surprised by all that nonsense! 😃

I thought you're a (semi) regular here and must be immune to that by now.

So just relax and skip looking at your account on renewal days, unless you lose service, of course!

Lol.  You ever hear the one about the non verbal child?

For years he never spoke. One day at breakfast he says  “the toaster, the toaster”. 

Parents are surprised and remark about his ability to speak and ask why he never has. 

The child says....this is the first time the toast has burned. 

So for me....first time I have checked very early in the morning. 😀

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yummy "Not all wrinkles are ironed out, yet."

🤣

PM's wrinkles are more like permanent press creases, or laugh lines. Hard to remove once imbedded. 

Ok.. for my family member account, status changed to Active finally.  Not bad, just before noon EST  

@barrascuk , is yours good now, too?

@barrascuk 

What surprises me is that's you're surprised by all that nonsense! 😃

I thought you're a (semi) regular here and must be immune to that by now.

So just relax and skip looking at your account on renewal days, unless you lose service, of course!

barrascuk

Thanks @will13am 

I want to keep it that way too.  Phone does work and is wife’s. 

Similar happened to us on Telus prepaid and sometimes you have no idea that you had lost service because the phones had very light usage. 

Since on PM. I have done more tracking on each payment date. Hopefully the status will change in an hour or so.  Was up early due to all the rain...or  better called monsoon that we are in right now. 

@barrascuk wrote:

Also I see that my minutes and data have been reset. If there was a list of improvements to make...this would be one of them.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.42.58 AM.png

I have been a customer for over 5 years.  Once I was aware of this quirk in the self serve account during renewal process, I made sure I avoided going into the account on renewal day.  There is really nothing to see other than needless drama.  So far, I have had zero renewal failures across a handful of accounts.  The strategy works.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

As long as your service is working then ignore the message.  It will change back to active after your plan renewal date has processed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/When-does-my-plan-renew/m-p/4...

No worry @barrascuk  .  I just checked, one of my family member accounts is on the same boat   😞

This is a scary message, usually you will see this message around 9pm EST the night before renewal and the status will update to Active around 6am EST.  The system has been slower lately, you will see that now as early as 6pm EST the night before renewal date and the status won't flip it back until as late as noon.. I am still waiting .. 

barrascuk

@will13am 

@hairbag1 

Thanks for the quick replies. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Very weird but that is how PM works. Not all wrinkles are ironed out, yet. I guess PM does not expect clients to prepay for months and months in advance...

As mentioned many times, do NOT check your account -1/0/+1 day around renewal day as you will see weird messages.

As long as you have service you will be OK.

Need Help? Let's chat.