cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to the prepaid $ if I switch to Koodo

TaikoBoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it seems like the Koodo offer is still available to PM. I'm currently on the 120 days for $120.00 with 12GB data. I'm thinking about switching to Koodo as their plan offers Canada Wide minutes. I recently prepaid my $120.00 on February 9th, if I switch to Koodo what happens to the prepaid money in my account? Will I get back any money for time that is not used? Thank you in advance.

37 REPLIES 37

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it is the customer's time that are being wasted, not theirs, so they don't care.

@themisfitwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@ShawnC13wrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

Just a quick update decided to give Koodo a call and after rep checked with support team they were able to credit my previous PM available balance that got wiped out after the migration.

So you had available funds in your account and they applied them to you koodo plan?

Yeah I gave the rep my PM account #/PIN took a few mins but they were able to verify and credited over it was only $10 but still helped recoup SIM cost.

Use Code PM-SIM-0 to get a SIM card credit.

Is this code something you ask the store to enter into the system or call back after activation and ask for the code to be applied.  TBH, they should just consistently give it to everyone.  It is a lot cheaper to just included in the migration offer than to have individual customers waste customer service time asking for it.

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@canucks4lifewrote:

@ShawnC13wrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

Just a quick update decided to give Koodo a call and after rep checked with support team they were able to credit my previous PM available balance that got wiped out after the migration.

So you had available funds in your account and they applied them to you koodo plan?

Yeah I gave the rep my PM account #/PIN took a few mins but they were able to verify and credited over it was only $10 but still helped recoup SIM cost.

Use Code PM-SIM-0 to get a SIM card credit.

themisfit

If you call back they will credit the sim fee as we’ll use code: PM-SIM-0

referral link: 

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/a0Cy8vA-5UYqDPN

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13amwrote:

@mimmowrote:

@will13am this might be of interest to you

@canucks4lifewrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  This is getting too YMMV.  Things are all over the map.  @canucks4life, the current migration plan is 5 gigs, not 4.  Time to call back again. 

Yeah I did yesterday they tried changing on backend but were having issues so just gave me 1GB bonus data addon which is good enough for me.

@mimmowrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  This is getting too YMMV.  Things are all over the map.  @canucks4life, the current migration plan is 5 gigs, not 4.  Time to call back again. 

canucks4life

@ShawnC13wrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canucks4lifewrote:

canucks4life

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

people are getting mixed up with the unused portion of the paid 3-months plan and the positive balance that remain on the account. The $100 credit during transfer is to cover unused portion of the 3months. You will not get more or less regardless of you are 1 day into your 3months plan or 80 days into it.  The positive balance (ie $ leftover after your recent bill) might be transferrable to Koodo depending on the Koodo rep.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shutdownwrote:

Does the contract confirm that the plan is permanent though? 

Koodo doesn't guarantee rate plans.

It's not permanent; Koodo is month-month even when prepaid. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shutdown

Does the contract confirm that the plan is permanent though? Assuming you still have the contract form.

canucks4life

FYI this is how the transaction history appears notice the first line Cat Mad

BTW just received my first Koodo bill on initial shortened cycle and can confirm $100 activation credit was applied in full.

Also if anyone is still considering jumping ship Koodo also has a referral program both new/existing client receive a $50 bill credit within a couple months up to $300 max per year. Cat Wink

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ZVe2Xpq-5UYqDPN

koodo.jpg

PM.jpg

Yes but the poster mentioned Koodo was "willing to transfer a balance" if he could show a balance. He didn't say Koodo was willing to transfer time paid for (which would be good).

Yes. I am losing track of who said what. Robot Frustrated

Though it costs only a bit of time to test how much flexibility is available at Koodo for this transfer.

Let's face it the whole thing is a fiasco. If Telus desire is to reduce/reorient PM's client base just the Koodo offer, without the PM stick, would have been a good starting point. Just extending the offer to Apr 30 and making the SIM free would bring lots of those accounts over to Koodo I suspect.

torontokris

@Ludditewrote:

Payment History will show the payment made Feb for 90 day plan. Plus the Expiry Date confirms it.

Yes but the poster mentioned Koodo was "willing to transfer a balance" if he could show a balance. He didn't say Koodo was willing to transfer time paid for (which would be good).

Payment History will show the payment made Feb for 90 day plan. Plus the Expiry Date confirms it.

torontokris

@zhiv9wrote:

I had mistakenly assumed that I would be credited for the days I paid for (renewed Feb 3).  I talked to Koodo today they were willing to transfer a balance from PM, but they needed to be able to see it on my account as they couldn't actually verify what I had paid for in advance - at least that was the story.

Problem is when you pay 3 months with PM there is no balance. There is a next top up date of May... But no actual balance

@Korth, Just curious, have you ever heard of movie, Horrible Bosses

Would also be nice IF The CEO Actually DID go on that UNDER COVER BOSS Canada

Would bring out the Humanity within

Things rarely stop at the CEO.  Not in a large corporation which has had sufficient time and money to become an "institution" with a deeply entrenched glacial monolithic bureaucracy.

The CEO is protected by layers of delegation and scapegoats, lol.

Personally, It all stops at ONE Individual:

The CEO

What the CEO said in articles has literally Caused Mayhem, and now Puts PM in Sheer Doubt

UNLESS a PM Mod can Clarify PUBLIC'S Standing

zhiv9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had mistakenly assumed that I would be credited for the days I paid for (renewed Feb 3).  I talked to Koodo today they were willing to transfer a balance from PM, but they needed to be able to see it on my account as they couldn't actually verify what I had paid for in advance - at least that was the story.

@canucks4life  So sad, but true.    They keep using prepaid as a tool not to refund.  

To the OP, keep trying to get refund like others in your situation.  

PM didn't transfer available funds along the phone number during this (PM-encouraged) carrier migration?  That $100 bribe doesn't even cover the $120 cost of 90-day play plus $15 Koodo SIM/activation fee, lol.  I'm surprised anybody went for it all, even if all the other plan details balanced out (which they didn't).

PhoneSeeker

@TaikoBoywrote:

Hi, it seems like the Koodo offer is still available to PM. I'm currently on the 120 days for $120.00 with 12GB data. I'm thinking about switching to Koodo as their plan offers Canada Wide minutes. I recently prepaid my $120.00 on February 9th, if I switch to Koodo what happens to the prepaid money in my account? Will I get back any money for time that is not used? Thank you in advance.

Make a CCTS complaint. It might not work since PM is prepaid, but it's worth a try if PM/Koodo/Telus refuse.

If all fails, just think of it as a donation to Telus shareholders in need. They will thank you for it. Every contribution makes a difference.

torontokris

Short answer is that your pre paid amount is gone! 

Shutdown

Do they even guarantee that the plan is fixed and permanent on the contract? Cause they have obviously shown us that we can't trust what their support rep say since telus can say another thing.

Unless Public Mobile/Koodo do announce some type of mass goodwill gesture, expect that any monies spent on your Public Mobile plan will be lost and that you will not receive any compensation for it.

Honestly, I find it just plain silly that prepaid plan customers are not given the same prorated price refund protection that customers of postpaid plans are given.  The argument is used that it is prepaid, so therefore no refunds.  All postpaid plans are also really prepaid, and you pay for a month in advance.  Carriers only give prorated refunds on postpaid plans because they have been forced to.  Before, they would sometimes do it, but you literally had to argue for it.

Where things can get a little tricky here comes from the fact they customers were offered a discount for agreeing to a 90 day contract.  Under normal circumstances, I would say that likely, what would be fair fair in this type of case would be to base any amount deducted from such a refund would be based on the shorter 30 day plans (as in they go back deduct the regular 30 day pricing from any refund for each 30 days you've used).  However, since Koodo and Public Mobile are in cooperation with this offer, I beliee that the refunds should just be calculated using normal proration methods.

Where Koodo and Public screwed up on this was this:  They could have not even mentioned anything about the $100 credit but just automatically refunded an prorated Public Mobile plans or applied it as a Koodo bill credit.  People would have been like "Oh , ok - at least they did the right thing when it came to that". 

Or if Koodo really want to insist on advertising the $100 credit, it should have flat-out said in the offer details in the text messages that Public customers would receieve a Koodo bill credit up to $100 to compensate for unused time of the Public Mobile plan.

They did neither and that's what is leading to complaints.Really, most customers wouldn't be losing anyting (in terms of the plan that was already paid for at Public) by swithcing to Koodo.  But because of the wording, Koodo made the $100 credit sound as if it were some type of bonus (when it really isn't).

As for additional funds that haven't been applied to any plan, I believe that Public Mobile should just refund you or that Koodo should issue a bill credit.  But this is going to be extremely YMMV as you'll likely run into some resistance or just flat-out refusal when you make the request.

fsm7268

What prepaid means to you? Is Koodo offering better deals to you? Hope you stay tho. Don't waste money!

Need Help? Let's chat.