cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to autopay after deactivate

Piggie123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my public mobile number to another carrier and I was unable to login to my public mobile online account. I still had autopay setup before the switch. Will autopay be cancelled as well as the account is deactivated?

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Piggie123 

For complete peace of mind, ask the customer support agents to completely remove your credit card information from their system. 

If they don't, and there happens to be a charge applied to it (unlikely), simply do a chargeback from the credit card provider

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There's a little too much confidence being shown here though. There have been sporadic reports of people continuing to be charged after they've ported out.

Thus the quiet mention from softech for peace of mind...but still too much confidence.

The solid method to avoid that would be to change the card to an empty visa gift card before porting. But most people wouldn't go to that effort.

Piggie123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@softech thanks for the quick response! that really gives me peace of mind.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Piggie123 @Once port is complete, the account automatically closes . And you won’t be billed again 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Piggie123 yes, your account has already closed after successfully ported out.

Your account is now closed and that's why you cannot login anymore

Since account is now closed, there will no longer be charges via Autopay.  So, no worry.   For peace of mind, check monitor your credit card.  But again, PM will not post any charges any more

Need Help? Let's chat.