cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Top up your account" mean?

Yina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello
I'd like to change from $40 plan to $25 plan.
So I was trying to change my plan on this website.
And I saw "Top up your account" and was confused.
If I choose that, can I change the plan ($25) from now? or is it just an extra charge from my current plan?

7 REPLIES 7

@Naepalm wrote:

My question would be if you changed plans in the other direction and it said TOP-UP wouldn't that mean you add 15.00 so you can get the 40.00 plan. But from my understanding of this all you can only change plans when your renewal comes. Otherwise, you lose the funds you had in your account. or what you paid for the previous service. 

You can upgrade whenever you want. If you chose to upgrade immediately...you will sacrifice whatever balance of talk/text/data is in your current plan. If you want to change plans in either direction, select "change at next renewal date". As already stated...there's no refunds or pro-rated plans.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

My question would be if you changed plans in the other direction and it said TOP-UP wouldn't that mean you add 15.00 so you can get the 40.00 plan. But from my understanding of this all you can only change plans when your renewal comes. Otherwise, you lose the funds you had in your account. or what you paid for the previous service. 

@Yina wrote:

Thank you so much

Then is there any way I can get a refund for the rest of my current plan and change new plan right now?

No. Hence the recommendation to order the plan now and select "change on next renewal".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much

Then is there any way I can get a refund for the rest of my current plan and change new plan right now?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Yina Better to select "change at new renewal date" option if you want to save some money. Top up means add money to your account.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Yina  hi if you change your plan early you will lose any money you already paid for this cycle

Need Help? Let's chat.