cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Self-Serve My NEW Account site

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Similar design to My Rewards, likely it is hosted on  Telus server just as My Rewards

24 REPLIES 24

@ShawnC13   do you know if it will still show "Plan Expired" as account status the night before renewal.  I really think the word is scary for new subscribers and should called something else, like Plan Expiring, better if it does not even show that status at all

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@softech I really liked the layout I saw when testing. I haven't logged in on the official release to see if things have changed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13   to be honest, so far it's not bad

just the incoming calls on $15 really scared ppl

the Reward $0 in the upcoming bills scared ppl even more

hope they can fix it soon

@softech we have been told it is now 1 step!!!  My testing went a lot smoother than what people are experiencing today. I don't think they were ready for everyone to log in at once

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Dunkman wrote:

@softech 

One step process.  Easy to buy with new system.  

Yeah!!! we don't have to talk about "vendor machine" anymore  LoL

@softech 

One step process.  Easy to buy with new system.  

Yes, I find it interesting too.  And I hate the 25 cents.  Used to be when people complain wrong charges, we can easily figure out by taking away tax.  Now, with the 25 cents, the detective work will likely be harder.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Does anyone know why one of the new 4G plans has an odd price of $41.25?   Could be $40.25 as I can't view the plans page right now.  Just seems odd of PM to add 25 cents to one plan..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo  @Dunkman  @ShawnC13 

do you know if buying add-on still a 2 steps process?  Or is it now smart enough to just add add-on, check out , pay and done?

Another Good:  Reset Password can now send the code to Phone and no more Security Question!!!

@mimmo wrote:

Another new feature addond show usage and don't dissapear  

@mimmo   Finally less confusion for everyone

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Another new feature addond show usage and don't dissapear  

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Love the changes on self serve, looks so modern compared to the early 2000's look on the old self serve.

@mimmo wrote:

@Dunkman  iirc the download receipt was only available at time of purchase not afterwards

But there is an overall Transaction logs pdf with all the transaction, except there is no tax amount there  😞

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman  iirc the download receipt was only available at time of purchase not afterwards

softech
Oracle
Oracle

More Goods :

• Usage download is a 90 days by itself in Excel, exactly what everyone was asking
  • Payment history can be downloaded too , in PDF, with your name and address.
    90 day by default, but could adjust to a full year.  
    Since it has address and name, so , should be sufficient for people who needs an "official" receipt
    [update] NO, not good for official receipt, no tax amount there

@softech wrote:

@Dunkman  the term Autopay is gone and come Pre-Authorized payment, does that mean this is a true Pre-author. payment now?  some people care about their extra cash back on the credit card for pre-auth. transactions

@softech 

Good question. I will try to ask on the oracle forum. From my understanding, it is mostly a name change. Don';t think thet Public mobile changed the actually billing system. 

As for keeping things a secret, it was a bit difficult but we were sworn to secrecy  😀

@Dunkman  the term Autopay is gone and come Pre-Authorized payment, does that mean this is a true Pre-author. payment now?  some people care about their extra cash back on the credit card for pre-auth. transactions

@Dunkman   how can you guys keep secrets so well?  🤣

@softech 

Looks like community members have found the Public mobile changes (ie. LTE plans, new improved Account page) before Public mobile officially able to announce.

The oracles were able to try out the new Account page.

Overall, there are many improvements.

1. 2FA to sign into account

2. much better mobile experience

3. Able to purchase add ons in one simple step

4. Ability to download usage history, payment history and receipts for payment.

5. Able to change PIN ourselves

There are more improvements to come also.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Good:

• much clearer  and much like a site designed for 2022
  • Payment: now you can with Register payment method but "Use a Different Payment Method"  and enter a new card there.  But using that option will " automatically registered for pre-authorized payments."   So, it is basically a quicker way to add new card
  • Update card info only required you to enter Card Number, Postal Code, Expiry Date and CVV, no long needs to re-enter address
  • Usage history can now use Filter (not sort) for Talk, Text, MMS, Data.  Look like this new replacement finally works (the old sorting feature never work)

Bad

• I am never a fan of these new layout with everything so big.  Yes, it is good for phone and tablet, but wasted so much space.  not of scrolling up and down
  • Usage page should have a tab by itself
  • Reward still not integrated into My Account

Question

• They use the term Pre-authorized payment instead of Autopay , does that mean it is inline with other Pre-Author payment now?

@softech wrote:

@RossN   try Incognito mode 

@softech that's ok I kicked the computer it's good now 

@RossN   try Incognito mode 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@softech yes so far it's not working lol 

Need Help? Let's chat.