cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We switched over to Fido yesterday after not getting my rewards. Now I can't login to cancel Public

sadlyPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when I go to public mobile my password will not work, when I request a new code by email , nothing comes, it is so frustingating.

Also two years ago, I referred my girlfriend to public, and I did everything right to get the refer a friend bonus but it would never show up. You can see my post history all the times I asked about this. never resolved, never got it once, so was ripped off over and over.

Also both of us, me and my GF would get every single text message twice, no matter what, two times every time,

It is so frustrating dealing with public mobile and having peers on here that don't know how to help you waste you time. 

Please consider that there is nobody to talk to at public mobile when they have an mistake on thier end, you get ripped off. It is not cheaper with public mobile, I just got 50gigs of data and a free iPhone 11 at fido, this for $45 a month, this is insane, and they were so friendly and easy to get support with.

now I can't log into my public account to get my credit card off there, of course I know I am never getting my $2 refer a friend bonus , that you can see me begging for in my post history, x 24 months, taht is $48 Public/Telus, I am happy to be rid of you.

I will make all my social media show this story, what a frustrating rip off. 

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM 

You may want to read this....

https://buyapowa-embedded-koodo.herokuapp.com/common/contact

Koodo is not nearly as forgiving as pm so this will save you all the typing on the koodo community.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's not really sarcasm, it's just true. They have more ways to reach out to them which would make dealing with something like this easier.

Here's a tip to defend against the possibility of being charged (rare, but happens)...if you know when your renewal WOULD have been next then log in to your credit card and pause the card for a couple days around that day (overnight). That way, IF they mistakenly WANT to charge you then they can't anyway. Wipe your hands of the place and have a nice life.

All of your past problems needed more patience. And decency. You know, the old honey or vinegar.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM 

Scroll down the page to the very bottom of the page on the left side and click on "CRTC Wireless Code". That's the path to your salvation.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Honestly good riddance. We don’t need rude people like this @hTideGnow  

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Okay I can understand you are frustrated and angry and being cheated out of $48 (over two years as you said) but that is no reason to get pissed off at US. 

We are just customers trying our best to help you. When we gave answers to you previous, we were giving our best knowledge at the time on how to help you fix it. And guess what, it takes two to tango. 

so if you say you had wasted your time, that means we wasted ours too trying to help. And guess what, nobody gets a bill credit from one accepted solution so it shows how knowledgeable you are.

So, I hate to say this

But good riddance 

HI @sadlyPM   with your attitude, it is more you don't know much

If I am just here to beg for your solution, I wouldn't reply at all, you already picked a solution when I replied.

I was putting my heart out to help but you are rude like this?  

sadlyPM

you don't know much, your just someone doing work hoping I click resolved so you can get a bill credit. that is how patheitic this company is. Also, you didn't understand it was 2 years of trying to get help with a billing error, from clueless people like you , just other users trying to get their bill down buy wasting peoples time with fake answers. 

HI @sadlyPM   I don't see why CS agent didn't reply you.  They might not be fast, but they will reply, especially if you keep message them

Also, you should have came here earlier and maybe we can advise

and did you change to the new rewards system?

sadlyPM

ya you can save your sarcasm for someone else. we did everting right, we asked for help here and by CSR message request every few months trying to get the $2 credit, Public robbed us of it. We are not the type of people that need customer support no, that is rude to say, the thing is public mobile can make a mistake on billing and they will not correct it, and there is nobody to fix it, even though they are breaking all sorts of consumer regulations by doing this. So ya, golfball, go preach to someone else your making yourself out to be quite clueless. 

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not sure if you tried, but you needed to get in contact with the staff via DM or chat before closing your account to sort out rewards and so on. In regards to your question there is generally no customer service over the phone available here. Fido sounds like it'll be a better fit for you since they have classic customer service available. I don't know if PM has something different for former customers.

sadlyPM

how great for public mobile, getting to close my account while they owe me $48 and now they can't find it, what a scam.

sadlyPM

Also, thanks for the help, but who will I contact if public mobile rips out some money out of my account next money ? how will I get that back ? what is the chance I could talk to a real CSR by phone and attempt to get the $2 month back that they stole from me for 2 years ? is there any way ?

sadlyPM

Ya of course PM will rip you off on the last month, they already ripped me of for $2 a month the whole time I was with them, what a faceless and spineless company. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sadlyPM 

When you ported  your number to Fido, your PM account is permanently closed. You are unable to access the self service account.  Just double check your credit card billing for the next month.  Occasionally, PM will charge customers after customer ported out 

Need Help? Let's chat.