cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to port in number after setting up payment for Plan

cmue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had 2 PM SIMs so I created each of my parents a PM account, linked the SIMs and purchased the Black Friday plans. I stopped there as their current provider, Zoomer, has until Dec 1 to complete their term. Is it okay to wait until their term ends and then port in their numbers? I assume because I setup billing the BF plan is locked in (and I assume they are starting their billing period, which is OK)? Or do I pick a temporary number for their SIMs?

5 REPLIES 5

cmue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, the plans with Zoomer will still be active after Dec 1, just the 2-year term/agreement will be fulfilled so no penalty/charge to port out and cancel Zoomer.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a couple lines that I have not ported yet due to the contract finishing in December.  I did go ahead and activate with new numbers and plan to port over in when ready.  For me, it was nice to test and know that the accounts were set up and working at this point.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cmue , if Zoomer is a postpaid service, porting now would stop the billing and any paid service would be credited back.  In any event, you must ensure the Zoomer lines are active in order to port the numbers out.  I would suggest calling Zoomer to confirm and make sure they are aware of your intention to port the numbers.  Reading online, it seems like porting out of Zoomer can sometimes be a bit of a hot mess.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cmue  I wouldn’t wait till the last day to port it over as both accounts need to be active to port the number and if you have any issues you don’t want to be down to the wire . I’d do it in the next day or two 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cmue 

yes, it is ok to not complete the activation after the payment step

When you are ready, use the app to login and complete the step

however, if your Zoomer expires on Dec 1, you need to arrange porting at least 3 days before it to avoid trouble.  This is a busy time and porting and activation could be delayed.  So,  you should complete the process no later than Nov 27 just in case

Need Help? Let's chat.