cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Activation IPhone7

Famspenc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I upgraded from the basic data plan to the 6GB data plan. This weekend it takes ok effect and since then I am unable to login to my IMessage, FaceTime or Apple ID from my phone.

I contacted Apple and spent 3 hours with them. It isn’t on their end as everything is working. 
I suspect it has to do with the data upgrade because it says “waiting for Activation”

I searched the Public Mobile Community and see it could be my APN settings. I followed through with the help bot but it’s still isn’t fixing my issue.

I reset the networks three times and attempted to reset my phone to factory settings but since I can’t login to my Apple account from my phone it won’t let me confirm that I want to delete it.

im super frustrated as I have tried everything for two days

my friends can receive my messages but their responses don’t come back to me

anyone have any idea what else I can do

21 REPLIES 21

@Habb 

@Habb wrote:

I have the same issue. Under messages in settings it is constantly “waiting for activation”. I have a data plan.

Please explain your situation in more details. New customer?  Old customer?  Did you port your number? What have your tried so far? Does talk or text work? Etc.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Habb wrote:

I have the same issue. Under messages in settings it is constantly “waiting for activation”. I have a data plan.

@Habb Did you read through this month old thread and try the solutions offered to see if they help you?

Habb

a4chiu

A few things to try:

1. make sure your iPhone software is up to date. (Setting/General/software update)

2. remove your sim. Then turn on airplane mode, insert your sim, turn off airplane mode. 

3. get a new sim from public mobile. 

4. if you can afford to do so, do a factory reset and set up your iPhone as new device, not restore from a back up. 

@esjliv  maybe PM should...

IMG_20201230_102815.png

@Jb456 wrote:

@esjliv  FYI. iPhone's don't have those APN settings. What you're providing the OP is Android apn settings....

humphf?

@Jb456 ...then I feel PM should update their help articles on this one: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

🤔🙄

mm@Anonymous wrote:

I'm no Apple guy and seem to have a mental block about them but isn't there something about connecting via USB to iTunes and syncing things and updates and whatnot.

Have a look in that direction.

Since a lot of people survive with a phone only there is no need to hook up to iTunes. 

Check to see if your phone needs an iOS update

Reseat Sim Card

Reboot

Reset  network settings

Make sure settings are as above 

Reboot

Ask a few here to screen shot their message settings. 

Set up and reboot

Can you iMessage to another Apple user over wifi and data off?

Can you iMessage to another Apple user over DATA and wifi off?

Can you text to a non Apple product with both data and wifi turned OFF?

Most work case scenario....back up phone, do a full out of box reset, restore. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Famspenc wrote:

I can send messages and not receive replies from anyone.

how do I take the sim out of my iPhone and put it into an ipad

And calling? Is your iPad a cellular iPad?

How did you get the SIM in the phone? Did someone do it all for you?

Murky Apple knowledge warning: Straighten out a paper clip and insert an end into a tiny hole that seems to have an oblong shape around it. It's called a SIM tray. Remember manually opening a cd tray. Insert into a tiny hole and push.

The murky part comes with my not being certain that there's a SIM tray on an Apple. I don't know if it's under any cover of some sort.

contact customer support mods. sounds like your plan upgrade didn't provision correctly. this is the most likely cause, especially if you didn't have "available funds" in your account to cover the plan change. this is a known glitch. next time when changing plans make sure you have enough "funds in your self serve account

amount due-01~3.jpeg

open SIMon the chatbot again and follow these instructions

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)

*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Famspenc 

update your carrier settings

open the Settings app and tap General -> About. If there's an available carrier settings update on your iPhone, a pop-up will appear on the screen asking if you want to update

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore

Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID, except the one you're using to change your Apple ID.
Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
Next to Reachable At, tap Edit > Delete.
Tap Continue and follow the instructions.
After you enter the mobile phone number that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that number. Enter the verification code from the text into the fields provided.
Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

Famspenc

I can send messages and not receive replies from anyone.

how do I take the sim out of my iPhone and put it into an ipad

Famspenc

I have tried to sign out but when I do it hangs there and doesn’t do anything

@Famspenc 

Have you tried completely signing out of apple?

Tap Settings from your Home screen.

Select your Apple ID header (typically depicted by your name on the upper display).

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen then tap Sign Out.

If prompted, enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off. You can also turn on the data that you’d like to keep a copy on your device, as you would prefer.

Then tap Sign Out twice to confirm that you want to sign out of your Apple ID account.

After signing out, restart your iPhone then go back to Settings.

Tap the option to Sign In.

Enter your Apple ID and password. 

If you set a two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Famspenc wrote:

I also did that with Apple support today and it didn’t work. I’m pretty sure it’s my data plan change that is messing it up. 

Can you try the SIM in another compatible, unlocked phone?

Edit: Do other services work? Calls in/out, texts in/out (except MMS)?

Famspenc

I also did that with Apple support today and it didn’t work. I’m pretty sure it’s my data plan change that is messing it up. 

@esjliv  FYI. iPhone's don't have those APN settings. What you're providing the OP is Android apn settings....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no Apple guy and seem to have a mental block about them but isn't there something about connecting via USB to iTunes and syncing things and updates and whatnot.

Have a look in that direction.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Famspenc 

Have you tried turning off iMessage and FaceTime and turning them back off a few minutes later?

Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.

Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.

Have you tried putting phone on airplane mode for a few minutes?

Is your timezone set correctly?

Is your phone up to date with latest updates?

@Famspenc wrote:

That didn’t do anything. My messages are on. And Apple already had me do that and it doesn’t work

Set Up Data On An IPhoneHere’s how to set up data in 3 steps:
1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:
@Famspenc  - try above.

Famspenc

That didn’t do anything. My messages are on. And Apple already had me do that and it doesn’t work

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Famspenc 

Well first turn on SMS and MMS on your phone so messages are sent / received ( for time being) via the traditional text system.

IMG_20201102_192347.png

  

Then go to link below and deregister iMessage from your phone.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Then register it again and see if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.