cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Catalogue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Please note due to changes implemented by Public Mobile on July 13th 2022 the availability of pm vouchers have changed and not all info contained in this thread may be accurate in regards to retailers that sell pm vouchers. I would appreciate member feedback if you find other retailers or locations that no longer sell pm vouchers. thx darlicious

Edit:

**Update August 7th 2022: Call ahead to your local RCSS or TMS location as it has been reported in Vancouver that my local RCSS/TMS (Grandview) no longer sells pm vouchers.😞

Wal-Mart locations may also be affected in addition to RCSS and TMS.

I've been thinking about this for a little while to help public mobile customers load their vouchers. Please feel free to load your no longer valid vouchers and the appropriate 12 digit number to use when loading it onto your account. I'll start with Canadian tire: up to 24 hrs to become valid but usually by the end of that locations business day....use the redemption #.20190929_092002.jpg

106 REPLIES 106

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Just wondering why you get on me when I make the link of your two accounts ?  Why would you tag your banned account?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

I can confirm vouchers from Circle K are immediately valid upon purchase. Here's an example of one of their vouchers....

Screenshot_20230709_172049_Photos~2.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen 

So the UPC codes you supplied earlier in this thread may work? 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:
... purchasing a voucher is an option on the self checkout terminal?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can, since they have PC Mobile pre-paid top-up "cards" that you can self-scan, and all the gift cards they sell can be self-scanned/activated as well.  There are just no PM top-up cards to be found in-store (Customer Service just keeps a single copy of these behind the desk).  Any idea if those PM hanging cards are still available at SDM/CT?  If so, getting the barcodes would probably allow self-scanning at the RCSS self-checkout, since I think they all use the Blackhawk Network.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen 

There was a customer who said they had bought a voucher at self checkout at RCSS but he couldn't figure out how to load it onto his account. We surmised that he bought a redeemable receipt and advised him to go back to customer service at the RCSS that he purchased it at to redeem it for the pm voucher. I can't remember if he ever confirmed that he successfully recieved a pm voucher. I rarely use self checkout since I normally have coupons and price matching when I shop in store so I haven't had a chance to see if purchasing a voucher is an option on the self checkout terminal?

Thanks for the update!

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I noticed my autopay kicked in for the last couple months, so I decided to seek out some vouchers.  Best I could think of is any grocery store (I shop often at RCSS), especially if you have a credit card that provides a decent cashback for groceries (e.g. 5% CB with BMO CB WE MC).  Downside is that you can only get these at Customer Service, and the one I went to only had $20 or $40 denominations (I wanted $100, so I got the rep to scan 2x$40 + 1x$20).  Here's the printout; I was able to load these immediately.

RCSS-PM.png

Should last me quite a while.  Last $100 load lasted me over a year (with autopay, loyalty, and referrals, my monthly bill was around $6-7)!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

I was....and I have $15 worth of coupons waiting to be cashed in but I haven't had to pay for either of my accounts for over two years and some timely bonus referral credit promos while referring from the bf's account has had his account at $0 since New Year's Eve. I do intend to pop into London Drugs and ask as well as confirm at Wal-Mart, RCSS and TMS. I can hit the trifecta in the next day or two when I put in a pc express order and pick up a pile of photo promo prints at Wal-Mart. Heck I can even ask customer service at Canadian Tire when I make the last payment on my e-bike on Wednesday!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious

IIRC, you are taking advantage of the London Drugs loyalty program to purchase PM $10 voucher 10 times and get $10 reward to buy another $10 voucher.  Is London Drugs still selling PM voucher?  Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hyT 

Thanks for the update.....too bad you missed CCS's final sale on pm vouchers the other day. 10% off $100. For me it would have been only 5% gst ($94.50 for savings of $17.50). I considered buying and reselling but just texted about 10 of my referrals that I thought they may be interested.....sold out in about an hour.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @darlicious,

An update on the PST deal at a 711 store in Ontario:

Yesterday, August 1,2022, I went to buy my roughly twice yearly Public Mobile voucher expecting to save the 8% PST.  ALAS, the deal is not available any more. I used to buy a $100 voucher paying $105 with GST only. I was told yesterday they don't sell $100, only $45 + 13% HST. 

They must have reprogrammed their machine and eliminated the sweet deal. I'll be paying online with my credit card from now on.

Best regards,

hyT.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

For problems with Xoom payments please refer to this thread by @Naepalm :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Using-Xoom-com-No-FEE/m-p/552211

@dabr 

Thanks for the link in the other thread!

@jH35Fy 

Thanks for adding this.....another option to pay for your service. Now we know that what we thought was a hilarious proposal is actually do-able!

jH35Fy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear friends and colleagues,

Here's an addition to this wonderful voucher catalogue. You can actually buy vouchers through Crypto.com:

You can now recharge your mobile airtime via Crypto.com Pay via our new feature - Pay Airtime! Top up your prepaid phone with crypto, and earn up to 5% cashback!

See: https://blog.crypto.com/introducing-pay-airtime/

I was curious and asked elsewhere on the community how this worked but nobody knew so... I willingly sacrificed for the experiment! Here are the results:

Post-purchase:

jH35Fy_0-1626314561723.png

Clicking on the "i How to Redeem?" button leads to this screen:

jH35Fy_1-1626314561569.png

Pre-voucher:

jH35Fy_2-1626314561696.png

Post-voucher:

jH35Fy_3-1626314561700.png

That being said, the spread on this transaction was 16.8%, meaning it costs me 30$ worth of CRO rather than 25$. Very uneconomical lol, but I had to try it (for science!).

Here's a few other answers to commonly asked questions:

• The crypto (CRO) was debited immediately from my Crypto.com account and the voucher was also immediately redeemable.
  • It couldn't be any cryptocurrency, it had to be crypto.com's own coin, CRO.
  • As mentioned earlier, the purchase price was calculated at market value but there was a super high spread (i.e., a hidden fee) of almost 17%! So I think that even if you get 5% back in CRO, it's really not worth it, unless you're really out of options!

@Anonymous 

Thanks for finally putting that to rest. I suppose pm could make it a little clearer with:

Enter public mobile voucher pin # ___________________________.

Anonymous
Not applicable

At long last...I tested an RCSS Blackhawk voucher Voucher# in the self serve...no go. Tried PIN#...go. So there it is at long last.

For Blackhawk vouchers that have both PIN# and Voucher#, like what the rest of the vouchers pictured here have...PIN# all around. 611 and self-serve. If there's a Voucher# printed...don't use it.

Our long lost friend RosieR made the entirely reasonable logical conclusion that where it says to type in voucher #...it's lying. Use PIN #.

For more info on how 611 works and the menu options @Anonymous has a great post 611 IVR that explains all the options available.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352#M20315

good2go
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The SDM was in Ontario. But was a Blackhawk order. 

hope that helps. 

hyT

@darlicious 

A disclaimer: I have only visited one 7-11 store in Ontario. Cannot guarantee that other branches do the same. ,:-)

@hyT 

Loving this gst only thing....worth searching out a 7/11!

hyT

@darlicious 

I just asked today. 

The lowest amount for a PM voucher sold at the 7-11 store I visit is $10 + 5% GST only.

hyT

@darlicious

7-11 stores are few and far between in my area. The one which I went to is not too close to my house. I happened to drive by it occasionally and so bought vouchers when I could.

I don't know the lowest "denomination" of their vouchers. I'll ask next time I'm in there.

@Anonymous 

Not yet I haven't needed to go shopping and the friend I was going to get/test the voucher for reminded me about 15 min before 9pm last night that he was $1 short. I had to load a $5 kelloggs visa gift card onto his account.($4.25+$0.51tax=$4.76) Now instead of his koho card he has visa gift card with a $0.24 balance that's in @maximum_gato's name!

Should be heading to RCSS in the next week so I will snag a voucher then to test....I'll stop by TMS too and chat about my cell plan to get 1000 points for my troubles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : So did you get around to buying a voucher from Superstore or perhaps another blackhawk vendor (the one with both) to test out voucher # in self-serve?

Courtesy of @Anonymous 

(once @Luddite accepted a solution and I found the thread again...)

darlicious_0-1614145191412.jpeg

Mayor / Maire
Re: Payment said successful but wasnt
@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Oh hey that tidbit belongs in the voucher catalogue! Was that TMS or customer service?

Customer service. I was testing out the PIN vs. Voucher # theory. PIN worked in both places. Voucher did not work in 611. When I tried the second voucher in the self serve, I proceeded on the logic that PIN wouldn't work. It did. I didn't run out and buy more vouchers. Somebody else can spend their money and try voucher# in self-serve and report results.

I did however recently try xoom and doctorsim. Neither are instant top-up. Both are vouchers. xoom seems to only be for Telus prepaid. doctorsim eventually sent me a valid voucher. Both send it through SMS to the receiving number.

@hyT 

I havent tried purchasing a 7/11 voucher here in bc they are not conveniently located for me to pop in and ask for one. Do you happen to know their lowest voucher amount? Thank you for your posts they are very helpful for this thread. I'm hoping for some east coast participation to cover some of the retailers we don' t have access to like Irving.

hyT

Screenshot_20210219-055333_1.jpg

Hi @darlicious 

Here is another voucher sample for your catalog.

It's from a 7-11 store. It worked right away.

Interesting fact: This 7-11 only charged GST when I bought the voucher for Public Mobile, but they charged both GST and PST when I bought a voucher for their own SpeakOut service.

hyT

Here is another payment voucher bought from a different SHELL gas station today. The clerk was a trainee and it took him 5 minutes to find the Public Mobile codes. 

I entered the voucher PIN at home through the PM self-service webpage 3 hours later. No problems.

P_20210121_154454_p_1.jpg

@nipunika 

What were you using before for your autopay.? You could always apply for a koho card. Takes about 5 min. Choose savings. Take the basic card. Takes about 5 business days to arrive. You get 0.5% cash back. Sign up using a referral you both get an extra 1% and when you pay your public mobile bill you get an extra 2 % =3.5% cashback .No fees. High interest savings. Its all online. Just like pm.

Need Help? Let's chat.