cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail to Email add-on feature request

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't have time to dial in and listen to your voicemail? Waiting for recruiter calls, sales leads, mailbox is always full and missing important voicemails?  Wish there were a quicker way to skim through your voicemail?

Look no further...here's my add-on feature request:

Voicemail to email:

Features

1) Have your voicemail forwarded to your preferred email address and do not delete the original.  Benefit is your ability to quickly skim the voicemails in you email account without having to dial in to you voicemail and have to press a slew of buttons to get to the important parts and even if you delete the emails your original voicemail is still available when you dial in.

2) Have your voicemail forwarded to your preferred email address and delete the original.  Benefit is your ability to quickly skim the voicemails in you email account without having to dial in to you voicemail and have to press a slew of buttons to get to the important parts and by deleting the original voicemail you won't have to worry about running out of space for more voicemail (once you voicemail reaches its limit people can't record any more until you free up the voicemails.  If you are a contractor, job searcher waiting for prospective job opportunities, salesperson, you know the importance of not missing a call or a voicemail so this add-on AND option is for you.

Benefits for Public Mobile:

1) New revenue option while adding a value added service to your current and prospective clients, also being a feature they may not have realized they needed....like I do!

2) Storage cost saving:

While you are already storing the voicemails you wouldn't have to spend more money for storage, our voicemails are ALREADY on your server, in fact you probably will REDUCE you cost of storage for voicemails as for each person who purchases the add-on AND selects the option to forward their email and delete off the server, you now have freed up that email space that would have been sitting there until the client deletes it theirself OR that email expires.

3) Reduced voicemail support requests.  How many requests have you had to respond to regarding forgotten voicemail pin, how to free up voicemails as they have reached their limit?  

I can think of so many more support requests that would potentially be reduced with this feature (sir maam did you know about voicemail to email? If you set up the option to forward your voicemail to email (list benefits above) as well as you won't have to worry about your voicemail pin and running out of space as your voicemail is now in your accessible email account...

Coming from the Telco and I.T. Sector I know very FEW Cellular service providers offering this, let's step up and show them what it is to lead with features.

If or when this option becomes available, don't ask me to sign up for it...I give you my permission to add it on so long as the monthly fee is less than $15....take my money the add-on is worth it!

Any user reading this, if you are also interested in this feature, pls reply to it and say how it would benefit you!

9 REPLIES 9

Yeah, one of the very nice things with Public Mobile is the fact that we have call full forwarding functionality and customizability included for no extra charge, unlike Koodo & Telus Mobility that charge you 50c/min or so unless you subscribe to their $5 call forwarding add-on. Even other 3rd tier carriers like Lucky Mobile & Chatr don't support custom call forwarding. (Though I think I've heard someone say they could indeed forward with Lucky, it's not official).

Anyhow, because we can reconfigure the conditional call forwards, it it means we are free to use any 3rd party voicemail service. I myself am currently using youmail.com, which even with their free account offers voicemail to email, and even text transcription if you choose plain-text emails, their app isn't even needed.

Another option is freephoneline.ca which can even receive faxes and email them to you as PDF's. 🙂

@sohosynergy wrote:

As with everything in life, if we don't ask we don't get...our providers are always trying to know what the people want so they can create new packages and offerings...well here it is folks and you don't need a marketing company to look for what I want I'm happy to share 😉

I am just reflecting on a bit of past reality to ensure that future hopes are properly calibrated.  

@sohosynergy   honest, all tier 3 providers will only provide very basic service, as they try to get the price lower and try to distance themselves from their tier 2 or tier 1 brothers.  I honestly doubt you will see it here even as a paid add-ons option.  If that is critical need for your case, consider going to Koodo or Telus.  🙂

sohosynergy

Checked it out....while interesting workaround for security and confidentiality of my employers and clients, I would not risk adding 3rd party....maybe good for basic usage.  I still want and will gladly pay for my add-on request once it were implemented 😉

sohosynergy

As with everything in life, if we don't ask we don't get...our providers are always trying to know what the people want so they can create new packages and offerings...well here it is folks and you don't need a marketing company to look for what I want I'm happy to share 😉

sohosynergy

Yourmail....?? Pls elaborate you got my attention!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sohosynergy , Public Mobile used to have a labs section where customers can make such suggestions.  There is no such thing these days.  This being a tier 3 service, I would not hold my breath that something like this will ever be available to customers.  We are still waiting for VoLTE.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sohosynergy 

Yes...Youmail.

Need Help? Let's chat.