cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail response very slow (10-ish second lag)

Yessi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I dial voicemail, it takes about 10 seconds before the automated helper starts talking and about 10 seconds between me dialing a number to play or delete messages and the voice confirmation. This has never happened to me before and it is weird.

Perhaps related: Yesterday, phone said I had no mobile service and couldn't make a call. I reset my phone and it started working again.

Updated: It is working normally again today. I did nothing. Sorry to waste everyone's time!

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yessi 

If your voicemail issue has not cleared up yet try resetting your voicemail pin # via your self serve account.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yessi - any delay with voicemail is no good..hopefully, this is temporary.

Try:

• removing your SIM card, then re-inserting it, then a reboot would help?
  • Maybe even toggling into/out airplane mode.
  • Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@Yessi   do you have any problem, long 10 second delays,  when making regular phone calls?

also, which phone number is the voicemail calling?

here is a list of the other possible VM number, try to call one of these number in your province and see if it connects quicker, maybe you can update the VM number stored on your phone to the number that connects faster:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Yessi that's super weird. I have my voicemail all set up that I can do a speed dial and I can either pick a menu option or no message. No delay. I don't call my number directly, I call the voicemail number that shows up in my caller ID 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Weird. You are second reporting sluggish vmail. I just tried again and it is at speed and response as usual.

Need Help? Let's chat.