cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over LTE (VoLTE) Release Date

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I read that this feature was potentially going to be coming in September, is this true? The US calling add-ons are difficult to use without it.

13 REPLIES 13

@bbdata wrote:

Today, after I completed a call, I noticed an [HD] logo next to their number in the call history.

From my current understanding, that logo suggests that VoltLTE was used for the call.

I wonder if Public Mobile has started to roll this out?

Public Mobile does not have VoLTE.  Also, HD voice is available on the HSPA (3g) network.

bbdata

Today, after I completed a call, I noticed an [HD] logo next to their number in the call history.

From my current understanding, that logo suggests that VoltLTE was used for the call.

I wonder if Public Mobile has started to roll this out?

Kristowhy

@srlawren wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

If you need/want VoLTE now you can get it with Koodo postpaid

This.  Chances are you will end up paying a bit more, but not only will you get VoLTE* and VoWiFi* support, you'll get other perks such as:

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things too.

* the asterisk on VoLTE and VoWiFi: requires a device on Telus' whitelist.  Most reasonably recent mainstream devices such as most Apple, Samsung, Google devices are all supported, though if your chosen device is something like a OnePlus or Huawei or Xiamoi or something, you probably won't be able to use these features.

Yes, the roaming is indeed pricey at $12/day (US) and $15/day (International)

Up until recently, Telus/Koodo VoLTE and WiFi calling required a handset purchased from them, but that seems to have changed, and their list of supported devices for VoLTE has grown.  

https://community.koodomobile.com/ideas/implement-volte-wifi-calling-and-rcs-capabilities-for-non-ko...

This posting above ends with "implemented" status 5 months ago

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kristowhy wrote:

This.  Chances are you will end up paying a bit more, but not only will you get VoLTE* and VoWiFi* support, you'll get other perks such as:

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things too.

* the asterisk on VoLTE and VoWiFi: requires a device on Telus' whitelist.  Most reasonably recent mainstream devices such as most Apple, Samsung, Google devices are all supported, though if your chosen device is something like a OnePlus or Huawei or Xiamoi or something, you probably won't be able to use these features.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kristowhy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

A lot of Customer support people will say what they think the customer will want to hear to keep them happy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HI @WoozyPolarBear   I am not sure PM is too far behind Lucky and Chatr.  If I am not wrong, I think none of them have VoLTE.  Only Lucky has a slight edge in the Tier 3 race for its support of eSIM and it has a Lucky calling app.  Chatr is very much like PM

WoozyPolarBear

Public Mobile is decades behind even their direct, 3rd tier, service competitors. I'm astonished Public Mobile isn't still using the CDMA - PCS network.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully it does, but I think it was bad game of broken telephone someone heard from a rep at kiosk who is prob bad at their job, who heard from someone else, who heard from their mailman. It would great if we could get confirmation, but there has been nothing so I wouldn't hold my breath quite yet.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will believe it when I see it.  

HI @golfball   the rumour started when a member said a CS agent told him/her about that.  I believe Oracles asked PM shortly after and confirmed that it was simply not true

Let hope VoLTE will come sooner than later.

golfball

So there's a chance. I imagine the oracles would be the first to know.

@golfball wrote:

I read that this feature was potentially going to be coming in September, is this true? The US calling add-ons are difficult to use without it.

Public Mobile has not provided any official information about this.

Need Help? Let's chat.