cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 500 Inter'l LD minutes

ed9000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a monthly 100 min Canada Wide plan. I have the 500 min Intern'l LD bonus. If I call the US, what happens with my minute totals? Would it start deducting the 500 LD min? Would it start deducting from my 100 Canada wide minutes? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ed9000 wrote:

Hi,

I have a monthly 100 min Canada Wide plan. I have the 500 min Intern'l LD bonus. If I call the US, what happens with my minute totals? Would it start deducting the 500 LD min? Would it start deducting from my 100 Canada wide minutes? Thanks

@ed9000 

I might recommend that if you frequently call the US from Canada, and you are doing so from within a Wi-Fi zone most of the time, that you consider using a VoIP based service like Fongo or TextNow

Save your international calling minutes for when you may not be near a Wi-Fi zone.

Also, if you use a smart home device (like a Google Home), these can call anywhere in Canada or the USA for completely free.   

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

US minutes will be deducted from Int'l minutes as any other country on the list.

With in Canada calling .. your 100 anytime minutes will be used first then it ll dig into 500 int'l minute. 100 minutes are recurring so on next renewal, you ll get another 100 and that time if you have 270 int'l minutes then first 100 Canada minutes will get used up and then it ll start using 270 minutes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ed9000 , calls to the US will consume the 500 international minutes.  The 100 minutes is for Canada wide calling only.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ed9000 wrote:

Hi,

@ed9000 : It will deduct from the 500 minute bucket.

Need Help? Let's chat.